Depressed?

Katherine

I walked from the downstairs level, up to the main floor and then up to where my office was. I'm running on two hours of sleep. I found my assistant wandering the halls.

"Inform the backups that I may be needing them for a case, don't know when don't know why. And get me a coffee, fifteen cream and twenty sugars." I ordered.

"Yes, ma'am." She replied.

"And don't call me ma'am." I called back as I walked away.

I walked into my office. The team, my brother, my mother...they were all sitting in there waiting for me. Was I not clear on the space part? I ignored them and walked to my desk. Great now they're watching my every move. I get through one file and then my assistant walks in with my coffee and more files.

"This is everything on the backup team." She informed me.

"Go away." I stated calmly.

"Back up team? So what because you're pissed at Kaleb and Brian, we have to suffer?" Letty frowned.

I bit my lip.

"Katherine, talk to us. We're family." Dom said. Fuck. I have much respect for Dom and now I have to answer.

"See, that's the thing." I frowned. "The last two members of my family are raging alcoholics."

"All right. Let's work through this." Dom crosses his arms. "What's bugging you?"

I sat back in my chair and looked at him.

"You really want to know?" I asked.

"Tell each and every one of us what we have done to make you want to use the backup team."

"All right. Tej, your cocky. You think that because you know how to copy and paste on a keyboard, you're a fucking genius. Your not. Rome, your weak little bitch ass jokes are annoying, you don't take the job seriously. Letty, you fight as if you're in a Jason Bourne movie..."

"What's wrong with that?" Letty frowned.

"You're supposed to fight like you're Bruce Lee's spawn." I continued. "Kaleb, where do I fucking begin? You're slow, getting a little big there. You're ungrateful. It seems as if everything Father has taught you has gone down the drain. Your drinking is now stopping your ability to have a long and healthy relationship. A glass of whiskey, a corona or two every now and again is fine. Kaleb you literally drink seven bottles of booze today. Mother, you're not helping him in that department. You hit me across the face as if I wasn't your daughter. And that is not okay. I've always respected you. HELL! I EVEN ABANDONED KALEB AND THE TEAM TO GO SOLO IN SAVING YOUR LIFE! A year I could've had growing with the love of my life. And that doesn't mean anything to you, does it? And Brian....ohhhhhhhhhh....you miss life in Miami. Well guess what? I miss the days were I could walk into Nobody's Inc, without the feeling of pressure. The days I didn't meet you or anyone else. The days were I was bitter and miserable and didn't give a fuck because I had no one to please! And then something ironic happens. I get married to you and have three kids. Boo hoo, poor O'Connor, he can't zip down the road anymore for a quick few bucks. It's called growing the fuck up, Brian. And then you had the nerve to throw in my face me leaving for a year. I honest to God almost reorganized your face, dude. How fucking dare you?! Fuck you. Fuck this team and fuck everything else. I'm done."

"She's depressed." Brian clarified.

"You think?" Rome said sarcastically.

"I'm not fucking depressed. I haven't been eating or sleeping and no one seems to care. It's all about pleasing people. Well there was a time where I was a bitch to all of you, it can easily go back."

"Put Kaleb back on the team, Katherine." Brian sighed.

"I don't take orders from you. In fact, it's vice versa. Kaleb, you go to rehab or you can kiss this job goodbye." I shrugged.

"You would do that to me?" Kaleb had tears in his eyes.

"IM DOING IT FOR YOU!"

"You never gave a fuck about my drinking until Alina said something."

"I haven't noticed your drinking? Was it not me that tucked you in at night when you were so drunk you didn't even know who you were? Did I not clean vomit from your face and clothes every time you passed out on the floor? Was it not I that stood by your bed side, making sure you were still breathing?" I stood slowly. "So I'm asking you, not as your boss, not as your teammate....but as your fucking sister...please get help. You don't need the liquor."

Kaleb closed his eyes for a moment. He slowly nodded, giving in.

"Well, I'm a grown ass woman, I can drink until I drop." Mother shrugged.

"True. But Kaleb won't be living with you. When he gets out of rehab, he's going to need support. Not even a beer can flash before his eyes, Mother."

My mother stood, frozen.

"See, I let my guard down and that was my mistake. You guys look at me as if I'm weak." I sat back down. "Well, congratulations, the old Katherine Howard is back. You're dismissed."