This Isnt Our Battle

Brian

My heart raced as I stood there with my shirt half on and my jeans unbuttoned. Katherine was fuming. Last time I seen her so angry, it was because Brooke threw sand in Ruby's eyes, causing Ruby to get an infection and scream all night.

"You're working missions." She began.

"Babe, I'm-" I began.

"How dare you?" She growled.

"Babe. I only agreed to help because the team needs more hands."

"I don't care. We wanted out and we got an out. This is our out. Our children, our home. Relocating. And you're having secret meet ups with Dom. Fucking telling you to keep me occupied."

"I just need one more mission. One more Katherine. I love our life right now. I love living each day together, not having to worry about bullets and shit. I need to get my hands dirty. I need to feel the adrenaline."

"You're speaking to someone that used to throw hands for no reason. You're speaking to an ex assassain. And I got out for the sake of my family. So I don't care about some bullshit ass excuse. You're not going to fucking battle. And that's final."

"Kat."

"Have you lost your mind? I'm sorry that I thought our little bubble here was enough to satisfy you."

"It is. Baby, I need you to listen to me. I have a urge to fight. I want to get my knuckles bloody and raw. It's brewing in me. You of all people know what that feels like."

"I used to know what that feels like." She hissed. "And I gave it all up for you and our kids. But you go and you fight until you can't fight no more. And don't come to me when you're a bloody pulp."

"The P.B has been sending threats to our base for months now. Each one getting deadlier than the last. Some involve the team, our base. Some also involved finding you and destroying everything we have here. If there's a fight to get into, this is one."

"No this is the one where we read our children bed time stories and hear about it on the news. This isn't our problem. And don't use our family as an excuse to be completely fucking stupid. I lost a lot working at Nobody Inc. I refuse to lose my husband."

"You won't lose me, Katherine."

I walked over to her and held her face.

"I'll be okay."

"But I won't." She argued, trying to push me off. I only held on tighter.

"You have been my hero for so long. Let me be yours. Be proud of me for something."

I gave her a kiss on the lips but I had to go and pack up on weapons at the "Motor Shop". I couldn't look at her begging eyes any longer. I left the room, feeling her eyes penetrating my soul.