Changed Life

Katherine

I stand up from the hospital bed, stitched up and feeling good as fuck. I feel a million times lighter. I find my clothes in my duffel and take a shower in the new room I'm in while the team is looking at the babies in the baby care unit. I dress in my black pajamas and get back in bed. You know what's bugging me? Where the fuck is Nobody? He's like my father figure and he didn't even witness the birth. I picked up my phone and called him.

"Where the fuck are you?" I asked once he answered.

"Katherine." He sounded upset.

"What?" I growled.

"I'm in the hospital." He replied.

"What? Why?" I frowned.

"No need to worry. I slipped and fell this morning trying to hurry to the hospital for you and I broke my leg."

"Holy fuck." I sighed. "Are you okay?"

"I'm signing myself out now and will be there immediately. They wanted to monitor me while I was on the pain killers." He sounded like he was shrugging.

"They're perfect, Nobody. Absolutely perfect." I whispered, almost in tears.

"I bet. They came from Brian."

I laughed. "Choke on a French fry. Get here soon."

I hung up.

Two nurses brought the girls to me shortly after that. They also had a baby pillow and they placed the pillow on my lap. And then they lined my little munchkins on the pillow. They were all sleeping peacefully. My heart grew as wide as my privacy did giving birth. My girls.

"So..." Letty stated.

"What?" I frowned, not looking away from them.

"Baby names!" Letty was too excited.

"Dom needs to plant a seed in you because you've been so excited these past few months I want to kick the living shit out of you. But I am a changed woman."

They all looked at each other and began laughing. I rolled my eyes. I looked at Brian.

"I like Quinn." He confessed.

I nodded. "I'm going with Brooke."

"All right. Who's going to name the third one?" Kaleb asked, hands on his hips.

"You, brother." I informed him.

"What? Shut the fuck up you dumb bitch! No way!" He was so excited. "Katherine. Stop."

"I know the past few months have been a little shaky for you." I smiled.

Tears welled up in his eyes.

"Dude. It's just naming a baby." I sighed.

The tears fell. "I haven't drank all day so I'm a little emotional, ya know?"

"Kaleb, just name the child."

"Kalebina." He nodded.

"Absolutely fucking not. You fucking prick. How dare you twist your little lips to dare-" I began.

"How about a different name?" Brian cut me off.

Kaleb walked over to the girls and stared at them for a long second.

"Ruby." He finally said.

"Okay." I smiled. "Ruby, Brooke and Quinn."

"Don't you think their names are a little all over the place? Like aren't twins and triplets supposed to be under one letter? You and Kaleb have K..." Roman asked.

"Mary-Kate and Ashely." I squinted at him.

"True. Very true." Roman backed away.

"Brian." I whispered. "These are our girls."

"I know." Brian was proud. "Can I?"

"Everyone was your hands and forearms and sanitize." I instructed.

They all head to the bathroom, filing in a line. And then I finally let them hold my girls. Brian, first of course. He spoke softly to the baby, moving around with her. It was so cute. I took a couple of pictures of him with the baby and smiled wide.

This is it. My life went from bullets and explosions to being a mom and I can honestly say, it fucking feels awesome.