Cant Move On

Brian

I wake up slowly, the nice California air hitting my face. I sit up, the balcony door is open. I got up and stretched. Downstairs I smelled bacon. I head down.

Cheryl is downstairs hurriedly cooking a sure to be delicious breakfast. She's in my button down shirt and lace panties. Her hair is golden blonde and she has crystal blue eyes. She's gorgeous. She's perfect.

"I was meaning to make you breakfast in bed." She said to me.

I kissed her.

"Happy one year anniversary." She whispered.

"Same to you." I smiled.

"I was thinking we could go out to dinner later?" She suggested.

"You don't have to work tonight?" I asked her.

Cheryl is apart of Nobody Inc and the new member of our team. She's bad ass and funny and oh yeah...she's totally not a selfish girl with attitude problems. She's great.

"I took the night off." She smiled wide.

My cellphone rang. It's Mr. Nobody.

"Yeah?" I answered immediately. A little part of me was hoping there was some news. After a year waiting, a new healthy relationship and I'm still hoping she will return.

"You and Cheryl to my base...now."

Nobody Inc moved to San Francisco a few months ago. There was a bombing in the old one.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"We need to exterminate a team. I already notified the team. Everyone is on their way."

I hang up and turn to Cheryl who is frowning.

"Plans are going to have to wait, baby." I told her, running upstairs to get packed.

-

"Hey, Cheryl." Tej hugged her after he finished greeting me.

The team went their separate ways after Katherine left. We still lived near each other but in separate homes. For this reason exactly. We were waiting on Rome to show up. He's always the last to arrive.

Nobody walked in looking stressed. He looked around at all of us.

"Where the hell is Roman?" He asked.

Rome burst through the doors then. "I'm here."

I shake my head.

"The British dicks are getting out of hand." Nobody said slowly.

"The British Base? No way. They're too professional-" Kaleb began.

"Not them. Some other under ground band of fools." Nobody is fed up. "One of my men went on vacation to London and now he's dead and they are responsible. They need to be stopped."

I let that sink in.

"I have a jet waiting for you all." Nobody was dismissive. "At times like this, I miss Katherine."

"Still no word?" Rome frowned.

"No."

"Is she even alive?" Cheryl rolled her eyes. She hates Katherine for what she did to me. To us.

"Her body would've been shipped out to us." Kaleb said quietly.

Everyday when Cheryl goes to sleep, I call Katherine. Everyday for the past year. And everyday it rings five times as if she's debating to answer until it goes to her voicemail. I stopped leaving messages after the first month. Everyday a little piece of me dies. Cheryl is great but I don't love her. It kills me that I can't be one hundred percent into Cheryl because I'm still holding on to Katherine. I feel something deep for Katherine and I doubt it would ever go away. For a year I have been constantly thinking about her and it drives me crazy. I don't know where she is or even if she's okay. I just know she's out there. And I know her not changing her number has to do with the fact that she's still holding on as well.