Mrs. Howard has lost her mind

Katherine

I woke up the next morning to my mother standing over me and Brian. She had a glass of Whiskey in her hand. She looked pissed. I jumped.

"Mother!" I shouted. Brian sprang up.

"You left me in America while you fought for our home." Mother began.

I got up from the bed, grabbing my robe and slipping it on. I knot the string. Brian gets up. I go in the bathroom and brush my teeth, my mother with me. She's nagging me. I walked downstairs. The whole team was awake, the girls in their seats, being fed by Letty, Dom and Alina.

"You guys knew she was here and didn't bother giving me a heads up?" I snapped.

"We didn't want to wake you." Rome replied.

I growled at him.

"What you think I can't handle a simple case?" Mother continued. Mom handed her drink to Kaleb. He downed it instantly.

"It's not that, Mother." I walked to the fridge and opened it. She closed it.

Brian came downstairs. He kissed the girls.

"So what is it? Have you forgotten that it was I that worked with Chase Michaels father, Lance? I was the best on his team."

"Key word: was." I told her. "You are older now. Have you forgotten that you were held bloody captive for years here while me and my brother suffered the lose?!"

"Don't you dare act as if you're concerned about me, Katherine! This is about you. And you wanting to keep the glory for yourself!" Mom snapped.

"Keep the glory? If that was the case I would've came alone. Because apparently that's my specialty."

"Katherine, I'm working on this case with you." Mother clarified.

"No your not. I don't have time to baby sit you, Mother. You're no longer an assassin. You're a mother and a grand mother. Act that way."

"I am a grown ass woman. If I wanted to work on this case, I will. You may be Ms. Nobody but I am still your mother. You've never been one to disrespect me or your father. Don't start now because you got a fucking promotion!"

"No one is disrespecting you because I don't want you to get hurt." I argued.

"I'm on this case, Katherine. End of discussion." Mother walked upstairs.

My blood was boiling. I punched the cabinet, a small piece fell off. Brooke started crying. I took a deep breath and picked her up. I kissed her forehead.

"It's okay, love." I whispered to her. I bounced her around a bit. "It's okay."

"Katherine." Kaleb walked towards me.

"She's lost her fucking mind, Kaleb."

"I know. Just let her do this case and that's it." He took Brooke because she was reaching for him.

"She's not even on the team." I argued.

"She's always been on the team. Just as an extra." Dom laughed. "Your Mother has a true warriors heart. I see where you get your spunk from."

"I am nothing like that woman." I pointed out.

Everyone laughed and so did I.

-

Dr. Shepherd is honestly so beautiful. Him and Meredith need to stop playing and get together 🤷🏼‍♀️😆

-Chicken Soup 🍜