Breaking Down Walls

Katherine

I looked in the mirror, my eyes looked dim. There wasn't a spark in them. I felt the ring on my finger and sighed. Alina took the girls out for dinner at Chuck E Cheese and Brian was grocery shopping. I was home alone and I didn't want to be.

I turned on the shower and took off my clothes. I got in the steaming hot shower and took a deep breath, the heat relaxing my tense muscles. I dowsed my hair in the water and paused for a moment.

Do I ever want to go back?

Brian didn't fall in love with me. He fell in love with her. The old Katherine. The team didn't recruit me. They recruited her. And I'm being selfish by wanting to never remember the person I used to be. So I have to do this. My brother doesn't recognize me. No one recognized me.... I was a shell.

I closed my eyes and focused on Nobody. I remembered him with really long hair that he kept in a low ponytail and watching as I destroyed my other mates in training. He always had someone next to him, taking notes. I remember me attacking him in a hospital before a needle got stuck in my arm. I vividly remember him walking me down that aisle and before that he asked me not to kill Brian. I remembered everything surrounding Mr. Nobody. And then I pushed. And it felt like I was in a tug of war with myself. I didn't feel like I could do it and it was making me angry. But I had to. I kept pushing.

My knees gave out from under me and I fell in the tub. The water pounded on my back, rolling down my skin. My head was beginning to hurt and it felt like it was exploding. I couldn't get ahold of the wall because once it was crushed, those memories trampled over it. I saw too much. Way more than I expected, honestly.

I knew I was a killer. I knew I wasn't the best person in the world. But I didn't know I was a monster. I didn't know I was brutally problematic. I didn't know I was despicable. And the second it started, I wished I never touched that wall. Katherine Howard is a bully.

And I sat there for what felt like forever, just crying hysterically. Replaying scenes over and over in my head. Brutal arguments with Brian, my miscarriage, my beef with my own brother. My brother who I abandoned. My husband who I hurt. And my life that I fucked up.

-

"Katherine?" Brian was banging on the bathroom door.

I opened my eyes slowly, confused as to what was going on. The water that was hot earlier was now warm. My fingertips felt rubbery and looked disoriented and so was my palms. I blinked for a moment.

"Katherine, are you okay?" Brian called through the door.

"How long has she been in there?" Alina's voice trailed in.

"I don't know." Brian sounded frantic. He pounded on the door. "Katherine?!"

I found strength to stand up. The doorknob shook drastically. I had a severe headache. It got quiet outside of the door and suddenly a big ass bang smashed against it. The door didn't break. I stumbled over to the door, grabbing my towel and wrapping it around my body. I unlocked the door and immediately, another smash. The door burst open and Alina and Brian both fell in, disorientated. I stood over them. Brian panted.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sitting up.

"I remember everything." I whispered. "Where's my brother?"

-

So I have recently went back to college and I quit my position at Chipotle and I'm still dating that nurse from a while back....ya girl is doing good. Still have all my animals, still live with my best friend....yeah. U probably don't care but I'm home alone and bored.

Also a friend of mine who reads this book texted me. We literally began texting on Wattpad and been friends since the start of this book. But look what this bitch did:

 But look what this bitch did:

I just find them hilarious and accurate and I'm kind of hyped that a meme has came from this book

I just find them hilarious and accurate and I'm kind of hyped that a meme has came from this book. My life is complete now 😊😊

-Chicken Soup 🍜