Betrayal

Katherine

I pretend to sleep for maybe two hours after Brian decided to come to bed. He gave me a kiss on my head and smoothed my hair down and then passed out beside me. I may have told Alina to help me escape. I made her put sleeping pills in Brian's smoothie, claiming they were for me. Brian pissed me off today. He basically said that if I work, I don't care about my daughters and that's an all time low. So as soon as I was sure he was knocked out, I got up from the bed, threw on my work gear, grabbed my duffel bag of weapons and left. Alina was waiting for me at the door.

"Stay alive." She told me.

"Baby, I'm Katherine Howard. I'm invincible." I kissed her cheek.

I then drove to Nobody Inc. where the team was gathered, in a serious debate. They seemed shocked to see me.

"Let me guess, Kaleb told you." Dom asked.

"Twins don't keep secrets. Why the fuck would you guys leave me out? Fucking bastards." I placed my duffel on the table.

"I'm calling Brian." Letty picked up her phone.

I grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the wall. "Brian doesn't control me, you little ferret. I am a woman that was born into this line of work. Nine fucking months of swollen feet, acid reflux, wolfing down Chipotle and no sex has drove me fucking crazy. Just because I gave birth doesn't mean I'm going to stay home and play housewife. Katherine Howard is back baby. So if I see you, or anyone for that matter, reach to call Brian about anything, I'll break your kneecaps."

I let Letty go and smooth out her shirt. I blew her a kiss.

"What's the plan?"

"Well, we need a limited number of volunteers to go and get the chip. It'll be risky if all of us go together." Tej explained.

"Me and Kaleb got this." I said.

Kaleb nodded.

"Brother, are you drunk?"

"That I am." He grinned.

"Okay, good. We got this."

"Katherine, if anything happens to you, it'll be on us." Dom sighed.

"Relax, Mr. Street Hulk." I held up a hand. "I'll be fine."

"You are human, Katherine. You are not immune to death." Letty informed me.

"Oh fuck off, will you? Let's go, Kaleb. These pussies are making me gag." I grabbed my duffel.

"The chip is small and dark blue. Try searching in the computers, Kat." Tej told me.

"Right."

Kaleb and I walked out. My mind was a blur that night. I was not only exhausted but I felt off without Brian. I felt bad that I betrayed him. I felt it deep in my heart.

The base was dark and empty. It was a quick job, actually. We broke in, searched through every computer in the building, staying until three in the morning and then we found it. Well, Kaleb found it. I was dizzy and exhausted and needed to sit down. I don't know what's going on with me. On the drive back to the base, Kaleb seemed disappointed in me.

"You need to quit this line of work, Kat." Kaleb whispered.

"Why?" I frowned.

"Look at you. Your fucked up right now. Either you quit or you take time off. At least until the triplets are at least a year or two."

"No."

"Enjoy time with Brian and your family, love. You have a great guy and these amazing daughters that you need to care for. It's supposed to be about them and only them. It's okay if you want to live a normal life. You need a normal life." He informed me. "So, I'm dropping you at home, I'll handle the team. We'll drop by to see you guys later this week."

"Kaleb, I'm fine." I argued.

"No you are not. And it's okay. You literally just gave birth, sweetheart." He pulled up to my house and smiled at me softly. "No more cases."

"Fuck you." I hissed before grabbing my duffel and getting out.

When I walked into my house, I can hear Ruby crying. It sounded like a hungry cry. Alina must have the other girls situated. The sound of her cry made me feel something. Made me feel complete. I dropped my bag and ran upstairs.

Brian was just coming out of our bedroom. He paused when he saw me. Then his face turned bright red.

"Brian." I whispered.

"Don't say a word to me." He replied, walking past me and into the room.

-

YO YO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do you guys watch Supernatural? I waited to watch Season 13 on Netflix so I wouldn't have to wait weekly because I'm impatient and this shit is awesome asf!

Anyway, how are you baby bears?

-Chicken Soup 🍜