Power Part 8

This story had become a whole romantic mystery novel. This is how you know I watch too many.

Knowing what you knew, it was hard to go to work around Piper. Just the thought of how two faced she was being, made you upset. You put your inner feelings aside and kept it casual, the only way you would ever get anything done.

"So Y/n what are you doing this weekend"

"Probably just staying home with Jacob"

"Nice"

She answers.

I know your only asking so you can set me up

"Hey what ever happened to that Alejandro guy you talked about once"

She immediately looks up from the papers she was highlighting stuff on. Nervous.

"Oh him, it uh...didn't really work out"

She takes especially long to say that. You nod going back to your work, and knowing she was blatantly lying to your face.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day after closing up shop, you proceeded to drive home...only after a couple minutes you noticed the car behind you had been going in the same direction the whole time.

Am I being followed...

You try turning down the street somewhere you weren't supposed to turn. Sure enough that car followed you.

Only one thing to do, I'm gonna have to loose them

You drive away, taking detours and extra turns so confusing it would be physically impossible to keep track, that and it was dark. You finally get home and practically sprint into the elevator taking it up to Jacob as fast as you could. You speed inside, still in a panic as he gets up from watching TV, still dressed from work. His tie hung loosely around his neck, and his shirt was partially buttoned down.

"Hey babygirl"

He pulls you into a hug which you eagerly return.

"Don't get mad"

You say into his shirt.

"Someone was trying to follow me"

"What!?!"

He pulls away from the hug, now holding you by the shoulders.

"I said don't get mad"

"This has to stop, someone needs me to teach them a lesson"

"Please don't J, I don't want you getting hurt"

"It's either you or me Y/n, I can't in good faith let that happen"

You rub the pads of your thumbs over his cheeks.

"The faster we figure this out, the less danger you'll be in"

He sighs.

"Trust me Jacob"

"I do"

He answers kissing your lips gently. He takes your hand and pulls you towards his office, the one room in his penthouse that even you had never really been in.

"I set up something for you, hopefully it'll help"