Secret

On the average Tuesday morning you were making your way into school as usual. You know being a boss @$$ b*tch, not giving a f*ck, basic run of the mill activity. You turn the corner and walk into your first period History class to see some people crowded around your team looking at stuff.

"Hey Y/n whats poppin"

Mark says, sliding over so you could sit down.

"Not much, you"

"Just looking at our old yearbook pictures"

He chuckles pointing to one where Jacob had braces. You join in even though to you he looked adorable. The bell rings for class and everyone goes back to their seats.

~~~

"Can you go get me ketchup"

Mark asks as you walk past his table in the cafeteria.

"No, I'm busy"

"Eating for half an hour doesn't count as being busy"

Brandon chimes in as he starts shaking a Snapple that was in front of him.

"Leave me alone you-"

You cut your sentence off because he started shaking it in the wrong direction. Both you and Brandon start laughing when he realizes what it looked like he was doing.

"You two are disgusting"

Mark fake rolls his eyes. Out of the corner of your eye you noticed Jacob laughing. He sends you the most discreet wink, but you dart your eyes away in embarrassment that he caught you.

"Whatever, are you getting me ketchup or not"

Mark asks impatiently.

"You do realize in the time it took to have this conversation, you could have had ketchup by now"

You say skeptically as you walk to the condiment station. You hand him some before walking away.

"THANK YOU"

He yells after you making you laugh as you go back to your own table and eat with your friends.

~~~

"Hey doll"

You hear someone who you could tell was standing close to you say.

"Hi Jacob"

You sigh closing your locker. Jacob is that person you sometimes wished you didn't know. He's also the person you've had several secret hookups with.

"You busy Saturday?"

He asks. You shake your head no.

"Then you don't have a reason to say no to coming over"

"I guess I'll see you on Saturday then"

You say, not showing as much enthusiasm as you usually would. You start walking away.

"Y/n wait"

You stop in your tracks and let him catch up to you.

"What we've been doing these past few months...I like it"

"Yeah, I know"

You answer again. He sighs taking both your hands.

"I mean really like it...as in it doesn't have to be a secret anymore"

"So you want to tell people you have a f*ck buddy, good for you I guess"

"No, I want to tell people I have a girlfriend"

Your eyes widen.

"And yes, I meant you"

"Jacob I-"

He cuts off your protest closing the space between your lips, something he has done in secret many times before. This time was different though, this time you felt the emotion that went with it.

"Go out with me?"

He asks hopefully.

"Sure"

You reply and he kisses your lips again.

"I guess Saturday is a real date now"

He smiles before walking away.

Tell me why I wrote this at 4:57 in the morning. What in God's name am I doing with my sleep schedule. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️~ Bianca