Toxic

Disclaimer: I doubt Jacob would act like this in real life, but it's for the story so pls do not attack me thanks.

Tonight was a big night for you. Jacob would be taking you to meet his parents for the first time. Sure you were nervous, but you felt pretty confident in yourself and the royal blue dress you had selected to wear. You adjust the neat ponytail in your hair as you look at yourself in the full length mirror, happy with the way your outfit turned out. Your shared bedroom door opens and Jacob walks in, eyeing you up and down before even saying anything.

"Oh, I didn't realize you weren't ready yet"

"No I'm ready"

You say and he scoffs.

"What happened to the dress I chose for you"

You glance over at the red dress on the bed, shorter and tighter than something you would normally wear.

"I didn't want to wear it...d-don't you like this one"

He sighs wrapping his arms around you from behind as he looks at your reflections in the mirror.

"Of course love, I just like you in red...you know that"

You nod slowly, not really meaning it. He cups your face on one side, running his thumb against your cheek as if looking for something.

"Why didn't you do your makeup"

"I just didn't want to"

You answer quietly. He sighs.

"What do I always say...image is everything"

You say it with him although unlike him, you didn't believe that. Jacob could be like that sometimes, controlling if you will. He checks the time on his Rolex.

"Your lucky we don't have time for you to change"

He says as he lets go. Jacob reaches for your hair tie, undoing the ponytail you had just neatened causing your hair to fall against your shoulders.

"Keep it down"

He says as he takes your hand and leads you downstairs. You sigh to yourself, not audibly otherwise it would most likely start a problem.

~~~

You look out the window as Jacob pulls up in his parents driveway. He gets out the car first like he always insisted on doing, and then walks around to open your door for you before taking your hand and heading up the driveway. Your relationship wasn't always like that, but his fame and success had changed him in some ways more than others. Jacob rings the doorbell and seconds later the door opens to reveal his mom and dad, both eagerly embracing him in a hug before turning their attention to you.

"Mom, dad, this is Y/n"

They direct their attention to you and you smile charmingly.

"So nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Sartorius"

You smile and extend your hand for a handshake, but they pull you into a hug instead making you giggle.

"Oh no need for formalities dear, we've heard so much about you already"

She smiles as you follow her into the kitchen to help set the table and plate the food. In a few minutes time you were all seated at the table eating.

"So Y/n what do you do"

"I'm actually an event planner"

You answer shyly.

"Don't be so modest love"

Jacob interjects grabbing your hand under the table.

"Y/n runs the business herself, and she graduated from Stanford at the top of her class with a business degree"