Always Pick Dare

Up with it is my favorite of his songs and it actually fits perfectly, why did I not realize that sooner.

~Flashback 2 Weeks Prior~

"There was literally no point in coming to this party!"

You yell to Loren over the loud music as she leads you into the living room.

"Yes there was, let's go play truth or dare"

You both join a group of kids as the game starts and happen to notice Jacob sitting across from you. You didn't exactly hate him, but you didn't really know him either. The few times you'd talked to him he didn't seem like the nicest person. Your friends however were always saying you two would make a good match.

"Y/n truth or dare"

"...uh dare I guess"

You shrug.

"I dare you and Jacob to act like a couple for the rest of the month"

"WHAT!?"

You and Jacob say in unison while exchanging confused and disgusted looks.

~Present~

"JACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB"

You yell continuously as you walk around his house looking for him.

"JACOOOOOOOOOO-"

"IM OUTSIDE Y/N SHUT UP!"

You giggle to yourself as you open his sliding glass doors to see him chilling in his backyard hammock.

"Y'know some of us are trying to relax"

He says jokingly as you walk over.

"SoMe Of Us, boi your the only one here"

He chuckles and outstretches his arms, signaling for you to join him. You lay next to him, careful not to tip the hammock as you got in. He wraps his arms around your waist, resting your head on his chest before placing a kiss on your cheek.

"I'm glad your here"

"Why, you seem like your having a grand old time enjoying nature"

Jacob rolls his eyes.

"We have this hammock so I might as well use it"

He says making both of you chuckle. You lay there in a comfortable silence watching the clouds blow past.

"You realize we don't have to hang out outside of school, right"

"Yeah, but I wanted to"

You've been keeping up the act just like your friends dared you too, but little did they know you weren't acting anymore.

"Why Jacob, not that I don't like spending time with you-"

"Because I kind of don't want it to be a dare anymore"

"Is that a joke?"

"Nope, I like dating you...even if it's not real"

You had to really think about this one, was he actually being serious or was this part of the dare. You look up to meet his eyes, and he gives you a persuasive look.

"Fine, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try"

"I knew I was irresistible"

He smirks, making you laugh as he places a kiss on your nose.

"See, this is why you should always pick dare"

Me being me just noticed that I've used his songs a whopping total of 4 times in the 133 chapters of this book despite that they're all about him. My slow self- nevermind 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️~ Bianca