Intern Part 4

Hahaha I bet you didn't suspect this would be happening did you.

"Eh em"

You clear your throat as everyone at the office stands around you listening carefully to your every word.

"Congratulations Miss L/n, we are proud to inform you of you acceptance to Harvard Univers-"

You couldn't even finish reading the letter that had just come in the mail because everyone started screaming excitedly. Well everyone except Jacob who seemed to look a bit upset before he walked away. You were being congratulated left and right. The team had really made you feel like part of the family while you were there, and you knew you would miss them. They even threw you a going away party which you were currently at. As everyone settles back to work you take this opportunity to go to his office, letting yourself in immediately. As you suspected he was standing at the window probably thinking really hard, something you'd notice he did when he was upset.

"When the f*ck were you gonna tell me you were leaving"

He says with an attitude as you walk over to him.

"Jacob-"

"No don't Jacob me! Do you realize how damn far away from here that is! Your gonna be gone Y/n, I'm not gonna have anyone"

You couldn't give him an answer, so you burry your face in his chest giving him a tight hug. He hugs you back, leaning his head against yours.

"Tell me how were making this work"

"I-I can't, I thought you would be happy-"

He sighs.

"I'm insanely proud of you dollface, but what am I supposed to do when your gone"

Now it was your turn to sigh. Never did you think it would have been his difficult to leave your temporary job. Jacob interrupts your thoughts, rubbing his hands up and down your arms.

"Your gonna do amazing I'm sure"

"But I don't wanna leave you"

You protest. He kisses your lips.

"As much as I want to I can't be selfish about this, Harvard is a big deal. I should know I went there-"

"Wait you did"

He nods.

"Business major...obviously"

His jokes could make you smile even at a time like this.

"I love you Jacob"

"I love you too, that's why I have to let you go"

You would miss seeing him every day and waking up next to him sometimes, but education is important.

"When are you going"

"I leave the week after graduation"

He sighs running a hand through your hair.

"You'll come visit me right"

You ask. Jacob cups your cheeks in his hands.

"What kind of question is that, of course I'm coming to visit you"

You giggle.

"I wish you could see me graduate"

"Me too babygirl, but only if your ready to tell your parents"

"I guess so"

You say looking slightly to the floor.

"Hey, you don't have to rush it if you don't want to"