Obsession

Intro: I specifically wrote "intro" so you wouldn't skip it. If you did that's just rude. Anyway welcome to what I think will become another hit series in this book. Former hit series include "Power", "Intern", and "No Reflection". Anyways get ready to add one more to your list, because here comes "Obsession".

Also please DO NOT leave sarcastic comments. I will ignore you. And don't judge my writing either this will probably turn out bad so...you get the point.

~~~

Life isn't perfect. At least that's what I keep telling myself as I walk home in the rain on a day where the weather forecast stated "clear and sunny". I think the weather forecasted wrong. What's really annoying is my habit of looking into parked cars while walking past them. I've tried to stop myself, but I usually don't even notice I'm doing it until someone makes eye contact with me. Oops. Well anyway I'm almost home. "Don't bring an umbrella" they say. "Walking is good exercise" they say. I'm just glad I'll make it home in one soaking wet piece. The next parked car near me isn't a car at all. It's one of those sleek, expensive black limos with the owners initials engraved on the hood. "J.S.", I wonder who that is. The windows are tinted way too dark to see inside, which works out well for me and my tendency to look inside random vehicles. I feel like everyone does that though. Haven't you ever stared someone down in the car at an intersection, or leaving from school, or something I don't know. I graduated a few years ago but I'm not old if that's what your thinking. And I'm not in denial either. Besides all that, I've finally made it to my house. Yay.

"Loren I'm home!"

I yell to my roommate who was probably off doing a face mask somewhere.

"Y/n!"

Loren says excitedly walking out of her room in a fluffy spa robe and as usual wearing a charcoal face mask. She gives me a hug while making sure our faces don't touch.

"Dry yourself off before you get hypothermia, I will not have germs infesting this apartment"

I chuckle as she goes back to her room. If I didn't meet her in college, I have no idea where I would be. She makes my life easily 10 times better, and she's a real ride or die. Kinda hard to find those nowadays. I take my shower and relax as usual, I'm gonna need it for the next day of work.

~~~

"Morning partner"

Loren says walking out her room in a pencil skirt outfit similar to mine. On top of being best friends, we work together too. I'm an architect and she's an interior designer. In other words I design and she decorates. Our business is actually incredibly successful, turns out people like to remodel frequently in LA. Our office is also pretty close to the apartment, so we we walk to work, like we were currently in the middle of doing. Once again I see that expensive limo. I really need to stop being nosy and mind my own business.

~ Meanwhile inside the limo ~

"There she is"

I say to no one in particular. My driver knocks on the window that separates the front seats from the back, a signal it's time to go.

"Go ahead"

I say as he starts pulling off. I turn my head to look at her walking away, watching how perfectly that outfit fits her, how her hair is neatly done and the caring look she gives while talking.

"Blake"

He turns to look at me.

"Find me everything you know about her"