Impatient

"So as you can see, the angle bisector divides the angle in half"

Your geometry teacher explains from the board as you follow along. You didn't necessarily want to interrupt the lesson, but your throat was getting dry, and you had finished the water in your bottle already. Somehow you managed to wait until there was a worksheet being passed out to raise your hand.

"Yes, Y/n"

Your teacher looks up from her desktop.

"Can I go refill my water bottle"

She nods and you stand up from your seat. As your about to pass by her desk she stops you.

"While your up"

She says getting your attention.

"Would you mind filling my water as well"

You agree and take her bottle as well before leaving the room. The water fountain was around the corner, and although there were too, everyone liked to use the taller one for some reason. It just so happened that no one was at the water fountain, and you took your time filling up your bottle. Unfortunately for you, the water stream would take a while to fill up both bottles, but then again you weren't in much of a rush to go back to class. You were so preoccupied watching the water slowly fill your bottle, that you didn't hear the footsteps of the person behind you approaching. In fact you didn't even notice that there was someone else there, until they cleared their throat. You turn around to see the guy behind you looking away, probably pretending it wasn't him. You turn back around and resume your activities.

You knew him. He was a junior and you were pretty sure his name was Jacob. You didn't like how rude he was to other people, so you personally didn't interact with him. By now you were minding your own business when you heard him sigh over dramatically as if you were doing something so wrong.

"Is there a problem"

You turn around annoyed.

"Of course not, just waiting for water"

He says putting a slight attitude into it.

"Well too bad, I was here before you"

He scoffs as if he never expected anyone to talk back to him.

"Have some patience, besides there's literally another water fountain right next to you"

You add, visually annoyed as you signal with your head.

"That's the water fountain for short people, people your height should be using"

"Does it really matter which one it comes from, last time I checked water is water, now get your drink and leave me alone"

You sass, returning to your own business. You could feel him sizing you up as he surprising followed your instructions. He got his water before leaning against the water fountain so he was facing you.

"Y'know, I kinda like you, your sassy"

"No, I'm Y/n"

You say, laughing while screwing the tops of both (now full) water bottles.

"Welp...I'm going back to class"

You declare, turning to walk away.

"Y/n!"

You turn back around.

"Can I get your snap? Oh, and I'm Jacob by the way"

You pretend to think about it before pulling out hear snap code.

"Yeah, and I know"

You smile, causing him to return it.