A Little Different

This one is a little different from the ones I usually write. No pun intended.

"Sooooooooo Y/n"

Loren and Ariel interrupt you on your way to class.

"What can I do for you"

You ask jokingly.

"We heard Jacob might ask you out today"

"...ok...and"

"Well are you gonna say yes"

Ariel asks as if it was an imperative issue that would directly affect her life when really it wasn't her business at all.

"Of course, he's sweet"

"Y/n you think everyone's sweet, Jacobs...different"

"Jacobs cute, and he's an amazing person once you get to know him"

"But you could be dating literally anyone, like a football player or something"

Loren adds.

"Jocks are dumb, at least the ones here are"

You sigh.

"Admit it, you don't want me to go out with him because he has anxiety"

They look at each other and then look back at you.

"That's what I though...there's nothing wrong with him, he's just a little different"

You roll your eyes before walking away. As your heading to class you take it upon yourself to stop at his locker.

"Hi Jacob"

You say gently, resting a hand on his shoulder to get his attention. Despite this he jumps slightly.

"H-hey Y/n"

"Did I scare you? I'm sorry"

You chuckle and he does too.

"Were there always this many people in the hallway"

His eyes shift back and forth as he runs a hand through his perfectly styled hair.

"We can walk together if you want"

You smile sincerely and he nods closing his locker behind him as you make your way down the hall. At his height, he never had any trouble getting through the crowd of people as much as he hated it. You get to class and do your work until the final few minutes of free time. You get a text from Jacob, who was sitting across the room from you.

Jacob: Hey

You: Hi😂

Jacob: What are you doing later

You: Nothing

Jacob: Would you maybe wanna hang out

You: Like a date

You look up to see him smiling, only making you smile back.

Jacob: Yeah
Jacob: If your down

You: I'd love to

Jacob: I'll swing by your place after school

You: Perfect