Day 1: Hunter

"That day at the pool when you were lifeguarding, I didn't actually drown I just faked it so you would kiss me"

Hunter Rowland, aka your childhood crush, aka the town lifeguard for a few summers during middle school. Obviously pretending to drown is a very serious and embarrassing thing to do, especially if you get caught. You were lucky enough not to, but what could you say. You never backed down from a dare. Anyways seeing as though you went back to sleep after your near death experience, it was now 6:00. The actual time your supposed to wake up for school. You yawn as you begin your daily struggle to get out the house on time.

:
:
:

7:00 am

Finally. Here you were. School. Note the sarcasm. You sigh making your way to your locker, but once again your peace and serenity is interrupted.

"HEY BEST FRIEND!"

You jump, accidentally slamming your locker closed as the chaos that is your best friend Brandon walks over and envelops you in a hug. Yes, Hunters younger brother. You weren't sure if the rules specified you weren't allowed to tell anyone about this, but his younger brother would probably be a good person to inform.

"You'll never believe what happened"

You say, glancing around as if looking for you from the future. Brandon gives you a quizzical look.

"Do tell"

He says as the two of you make your walk down the hallway. You explain about the freakish visit you had last night, and the fourteen very real tasks you had to accomplish. He was shook by the end of it, but one thing you knew for sure is that he believed you. Besides, what motive would you have to make something like this up. This explanation led you to where you were now. In class, whispering about how you were going to explain this to Hunter.

"Just go up to him, say it, and walk away, that's the best way to do it"

Brandon suggests, writing his name on the worksheet your teacher just passed out. You were happy with that suggestion, and decided to go through with it after school.

~~~

As you and Brandon were making your way out of school, you noticed Hunter at his locker.

"Opportunity waits for no one"

Brandon whispers in your ear before pushing you in that direction. You stumbled slightly before regaining your composure. You didn't even like him that way anymore, you weren't sure why you were so nervous.

"Hey Hunter"

You try to say as smoothly and non suspiciously as possible. He closes his locker before smiling and responding.

"Hey Y/n, long time no see"

"Yeah, right"

You both chuckle lightly, one being more awkward than the other.

"Well anyway, there's something I wanna tell you"

He gestures for you to proceed.

"Remember that time when you were lifeguarding and you saved me at the town pool"

"Oh yeah, I do remember that, what about it?"

You take a deep breath.

"Well...as it turns out, I wasn't actually drowning, I was dared to pretend to drown because my friends knew I had a crush on you"

You say, avoiding eye contact before looking at him again. He lets out another laugh.

"I already knew that, but I figured I'd let you have your fun back then"

"Oh wow"

You say, wiping the imaginary sweat from your forehead.

"Well, that was it so I'm gonna go now"

You say, not waiting for him to respond before walking off to find Brandon.

"Bye Y/n"

Hunter says, still laughing about the memory. As your walking down the hallway, you see your future self giving you a thumbs up from around the corner. She disappears when Brandon walks up to you.

"How'd it go?"

"Turns out he already knew"

You say and Brandon laughs.

"No way, and he kept it a secret for so long"

You nod before facing forward again.

"On to day 2"

Oof. Ok look I know it's been a long time since I updated, but now that I'm on summer vacation I should be able to update more. Also I have a summer job so that keeps me busy too. Thank you for reading and yeah...see you in the next update.