911 Part 3

"Can you believe that!"

I'm currently ranting to my cat Boba. Yes. Like the tea. But hey, Boba is really nice and a great listener. You can't judge me for being lonely, Taylor Swift talks to her cats also and look where it got her.

"He's an absolute dick"

I complain as I flop down on the couch. Boba just looks at me and yawns. I guess she's getting tired of my stories. She walks over and sits down on my stomach.

"I love you too"

I sigh, petting her gently. Bobas pretty small for her age, but that's ok.

Your probably wondering why she looks weird, but she was a rescued cat and I gave her a home

Your probably wondering why she looks weird, but she was a rescued cat and I gave her a home. Quite frankly I think her eyes are prettier than mine.

"We should get some sleep"

I say even though when I looked down, she was already purring away on my chest.

~~~

"Morning"

I say quietly as I wave to the lady at the front desk. She waves back and mouths "good morning" because she was on the phone. By the time I reached my office, it was about 8:30. There should have been a morning meeting as usual, but there wasn't. Unfortunately for me, Jacob is the only other person here. I reluctantly walk to his office and knock on the door.

"Hi, I have a question"

"No, I'm not interested"

I shoot him a confused look and he sighs, over dramatically clapping his hands together as he gives me his full attention. As if he was even busy, it's like 8:35.

"I was just wondering if there was a morning meeting today"

I ask, trying my best to sound nice.

"Why, did someone come in late today"

He teases. So this is what I get for trying to be nice.

"No I...nevemind"

I just give up and leave his office. I don't need him, I don't need anyone. Not like I have anyone anyway. Y'all probably think I'm lonely as hell. But I'm not. At least I don't think I am. Anyways I've gone back to my own business, and I've been secretly building a case file on all of the Chiefs strange behavior. So far all this evidence has been telling me that he's shady, which I already knew. The real question is where is he.

Someone knocks at my door.

"Hey there PI"

"Oh hi Chief"

I say casually, tucking the file back into the locked bottom drawer of my desk.

"Sorry about this morning, I had something to take care of"