Pencil

On one of those annoying rainy days you were sitting in class talking quietly. Well you weren't talking but people were. Your teacher had simply assigned you a worksheet and now you were supposed to do it for the entire period.

"Hey Y/n can you sharpen my pencil"

Loren asks lazily from the desk next to you.

"No"

"Please"

"No"

"Pleeeeeeeeaaasseeeee"

"Absolutely not"

It's not that you were being mean, but to sharpen her pencil you would have to walk past, and then stand next to the group of boys who sits near the pencil sharpener. Included in these boys would be Jacob who's- you know what let's not even get into that. The point is things could get awkward.

"Pleaseeeeeee Y/n I'm begging you"

"Loren"

"I'll pay you"

"With what money"

You chuckle. She pulls a bag of mini Oreos out of her backpack.

"Can I have the whole thing"

"1/4"

She negotiated.

"Half"

You say back.

"1/3"

She again suggests.

"Half"

You say, not being wavered.

"Fine, by the way I like my pencils sharp enough to stab with"

You chuckle taking the pencil from her as you walk to the back of the room towards the pencil sharpener.

Who even uses stationary pencils anymore anyways. Last time I checked mechanical pencils were better, but who am I to judge considering I usually write in pen.

"Hey Y/n"

You hear just as you lean on the back table where the pencil sharpener was. You turn quickly to see Mark talking to you from that team. He knew you had a thing for Jacob, and now was his chance to make it happen. Or the complete opposite.

"Hi?"

"Are you coming to my party on Friday"

"Couldn't you just say tomorrow"

"Well yeah but- never mind are you coming"

You could hear Jacob laugh a little even though from his seat, his back was to you.

"Nope"

"Why not"

"Because I have better things to do"

"Watching Riverdale and eating unnecessary amounts of food doesn't qualify as something better to do"

You make a face.

"Damn Mark, out here exposing people"

Blake says making you roll your eyes.

"It's not exposing if people already knew"

You chuckle and so does he. You happen to feel someone's eyes watching you taking Loren's pencil out of the sharpener and blowing off the extra shavings.

"Well since you wanna be mad fake,can you at least help me with this?"

Mark asks. You drop your jaw a little but you both laugh as he scoots over in his chair so you could sit next to him.

"I don't get this"

"Then what have you been doing for the past 50 minutes"

You ask. He shrugs.

"Oh my god"

You explain the questions he was stuck on until he goes:

"Ooooooooooo"

You chuckle. Mark leans into your ear and whispers:

"Before you got here a certain someone was talking about how much they like you"

"Oh really"

You whisper back intrigued.

"So I texted Loren to get you over here so that he would have a reason to ask you out"

"Mark that's pretty insane even for you"

You whisper back.

"No Y/n, What's insane is that the hasn't asked yet"

You sigh into your hands.

"I'm leaving now"

You say to him. You get up to go back to your seat, but as your walking past Jacob you feel a pull back on your wrist and turn around to meet Jacobs eyes. He really was striking from this angle.

"So if your not busy on tomorrow do you maybe wanna go out, like on a date"

"Sure"

You answer most likely a little more quickly than you should have.

"I should probably sit down now"

He smiles, letting go of your hand as you walk back to your seat. For the rest of the class period, the two of you couldn't stop exchanging glances and then looking away blushing.

Where have all my good ideas gone you ask...I don't know😪😪😪~Bianca