Matchmaker

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n!"

You hear as your walking into the cafeteria for lunch one day. You look to your left at the lunch table where Mark was hailing you out. You roll your eyes and walk over.

"What"

"Well damn someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed"

He says. You breath deeply in annoyance.

"I need your help"

"No Mark, I will not be your getaway driver when you finally rob a small unsuspecting business"

His friends laugh.

"Funny but that's not what I meant"

"I will not be involved in any plan that requires stalking anyone"

"But-"

"No"

"Pleas-"

"No"

"But Y/n-"

"No Mark, remember what happened last time I helped you with something"

"I can guarantee there will be no rose bushes to fall into this time"

His friends laugh again. Mark was that amazingly spontaneous person who's spontaneity could sometimes get people in trouble.

"Go on"

He smirks.

"There's this person on instagram-"

You sigh.

"No no hear me out"

You gesture for him to proceed.

"You know her"

"Why did you just tell me to ask Loren out for you"

His friends start laughing.

"How'd you know who it was"

Jacob asks. You almost didn't answer considering talking to hot people got you flustered.

"He talks about her all the time...I'll be back, matchmaker Y/n to the rescue"

"No Y/n"

Mark complains.

"It's happening"

You say in a sing song voice as you walk over to Loren.

"Hey Y/n where were you"

She says.

"Talking to Mark who was wondering what your doing on Friday"

"Nothing why"

She smiles, a slight blush on her cheeks.

"I think you'd better let him tell you"

You signal for Mark to come over and he does, taking your seat. You smile to yourself and return to your own lunch table until the period was over.

~~~~~

As you struggled to complete the last question of the biology worksheet you were doing, you contemplated asking someone else for help. You look around the room until you lock eyes with Jacob. He does that "what's up" thing with his head so you sneak over and slide into the desk next to him.

"To what do I owe this visit"

He chuckles making you smile.

"I need help"

"I'm sorry Y/n, but I'm not a licensed therapist"

You make a face and he smiles knowingly taking a look at what question you were on. After explaining it to you he says something else.

"I think you could use help with something else too"

"And that would be"

"Well I know your single, and considering I can do a bit of matchmaking myself, you and I could find ourselves on a date this weekend"

"Oh could we now"

You say, in partial shock but happily.

"If you want to"

He says in less of a joking way intertwining his hand with yours.

"I'd love to Jacob"

You answer. He smiles pulling his phone out of his pocket and hitting "new contact".

Bruh.😤😤😤 ~Bianca