Too Late Part 4

When we left off, Joey heard an interesting conversation being played out in his kitchen. Let's get into it.

Also please don't skip this disclaimer: DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE NUMBER OF TIME SKIPS! IM LAZY AND UNCREATIVE. Let me find out someone comments about this I swear.

Finally Friday, the day everyone looks forward to. As usual you were in your last period class spending the last few minutes before the bell rang talking to Joey.

"Do you remember when we were at my house last week-"

"And my brother invited everyone over...yeah why?"

"I overheard something"

"What"

Joey licks his lips, but not in a seductive way if that's what your thinking.

"Charles, Jacob, Chad, and Aaron were talking about Jacob still having feelings for you"

You glance across the room momentarily at him talking to his girlfriend, another senior you didn't know well.

"Relax Joey, I'm all yours"

He smiles.

"I don't doubt that, I just don't want him messing with things he shouldn't"

He says, and the bell rings afterwards. He takes your hand as you walk out of school together.

"You don't have to worry about it"

You say reassuringly.

"Yeah...I know"

Joey answers, placing a kiss on your forehead as you walk to his car.

"Do you wanna come to a party with me, it being Friday and all"

He asks without taking his eyes off the road.

"I don't know, senior parties aren't really my thing"

"Please baby, it's Aaron's party so I kinda have to go and I don't wanna go without you"

You sigh.

"I'll see what I can do"

You answer just as he's pulling up in your driveway.

"So I'll pick you up at 8"

He looks over at you from the drivers seat.

"Maybe"

You say meeting him halfway as he places a kiss on your lips.

"Thanks for the ride"

You smile getting out the car.

"Love you"

He says from out the window.

"Love you too"

You say back before closing your house door.

~ Later That Day ~

"Heeeeeeey Mom"

You say slowly and suspiciously which was a clear indication that you wanted something. She puts down the magazine she was reading, already predicting what was to come.

"What can I do for you"

She says and then chuckles at her own joke.

"Well...Joey really wants me to go to this party with him and I want to go too, he says it'll be fun"

"Oh I don't doubt that"

Your mom says. She sits there quietly for a second before answering.

"I guess your gonna have to go then"