Everything

And I can't believe
That I'm your man
And I get to kiss you baby
Just because I can
Whatever comes our way
We'll see it through
And you know that's what our love can do
——Everything, Michael Buble

June 26, 2018

Grayson headed into the house in search of his mother and found her in the kitchen with his aunt. "Cait wants to know if you want her to put the rest of the chicken on the grill now?" he asked.

His mom and his aunt looked up at him with identical smirks. "Sure, sweetie," Sherry smiled. "And tell her thank you for takin' over the grill."

"Apparently, I'm not qualified," Grayson huffed.

"You're probably just tired," his aunt noted. "Your mom tells me you've been havin' nightmares."

Grayson turned to his mother and shot her a look. And then they both started laughing at him. "Y'know," he narrowed his eyes, "the benefit of a super-rich fiancée with a private jet is that we could leave for Salt Lake City right now if we wanted."

"We wouldn't do that," Cait walked into the kitchen with a platter of chicken breasts. "I put the rest on," she told Sherry, then she turned to Grayson. "We promised your mom that we'd stay until tomorrow morning. Why would we leave now?"

"Because they're making fun of me," Grayson pouted.

"Well, of course they are," Cait told him. "You almost burned the chicken."

"Not about that," Grayson grumbled. "If anyone needs me, I'll be out in the driveway getting some shots up." He stomped outside, causing his mother and his aunt to laugh again.

Cait looked at them in confusion. "What's his damage?" she asked.

"Sweetheart," Sherry chortled. "I never thought I'd say this to any girl, but you might just be a little too good for that boy of mine."

"Huh?" Cait still looked confused. "No, I'm not. He's amazing. I'm so lucky."

Sherry hugged her now. "Yes, you are," she smiled. "And that response is exactly the reason that I know that you're the right girl. But he's lucky too."

*****
Cait survived the extended family, most of whom decided that she was wonderful right after they heard about the all expense paid trip to Kona that they'd be getting to attend the wedding.  She fielded some questions, but overall it hadn't been too painful.

And she'd persuaded Grayson to put the basketball away and come back to the backyard for a little while.  He was still grumbling a bit, but he managed it.

But he was snapped out of his funk when he watched his fiancée, laughing and talking with his family. Sometimes it was still hard to believe that she belonged to him. That she actually returned his feelings and that she wanted to be with him. How in the hell had he been this fortunate?

He walked over to her, as she was explaining a little about skiing to his uncle. "Sorry," Grayson grinned. "Need to borrow her." He tugged her around a corner and crashed his lips onto hers, before she could even ask what he was doing.  But she immediately reciprocated the kiss, pressing against him, parting her lips for him.