Coming Home

Wrap myself around you
Never let you go
There's nothing in the world that feels like
Coming home
——Coming Home, Keith Urban ft. Julia Michaels

August 7, 2018

The process of selecting a place to live was turning out to be more difficult than anticipated.  Grayson had his priorities and Cait had hers and they hadn't devoted much time to getting on the same page on this topic since right after the draft.  After a whirlwind evening and day of house hunting, they needed to make a decision.

On top of that, Cait was focused on work and her new project, while Grayson was trying to make good use of his time with the Jazz.  That left little time to debate the relative merits of various apartment complexes and locations.

Their agent suggested that they consider condos and townhomes too, since they wanted three bedrooms, and that kicked off the debate over renting or buying all over again.  Grayson got annoyed with Cait's attitude that a few hundred thousand dollars was no big deal and they should just buy a place.  Predictably, there were a few arguments and some frustration.

"You need to be close to the practice facility," Cait snapped over a late dinner, as they were debating the options.  "Let's just choose one of those places near downtown."

"They all have two bedrooms.  And we need three bedrooms so you can make one into office space," Grayson pointed out, trying to hold onto his temper. "We need a guest room for my parents.  And I don't mind driving a little bit."

"Grayson, sometimes you'll be coming home late and you'll be tired," she sighed. "You shouldn't have to drive. We can just buy a place."

"I think I can manage 15 or 20 minutes," he frowned. "I told you, I want to rent for awhile. What about that place with the view?"

"Do you like that better than the stone townhome?" she asked. "That's a lot bigger."

"We don't need that much space for you, me and Tyler," Grayson rolled his eyes.  "The stone one was in the wrong direction for you to go to Park City. And I'm training that damn cat to sleep on the guest bed."

"You can't train a cat," Cait shook her head at him. 

"Gonna try," Grayson told her.  "But that one place has those awesome views of the mountains and a decent terrace.  Two walk in closets, which we need because one of us can be a slob sometimes, and all the utilities are included.   Not to mention the jetted tub in the master suite."  Grayson wiggled his eyebrows at her now.

"The kitchen isn't open," she sighed.

"I know, but it has the cut out wall, so it's a little open.  And the rest of the living area is open," Grayson pointed out. "And the kitchen is big and has stainless steel appliances. And they're willing to paint the whole thing if we want."

"And it's 15 minutes from work for you," she sighed again.  She'd known Grayson liked that condo. "Are you sure you don't want to live downtown?"

"I'm gonna be too busy to hit up the nightlife very often," he told her. "I like the idea of being somewhere out a little bit. Don't need to be too conspicuous. And the complex is gated. And has a clubhouse with a gym for you.  That's a plus."