Let Me

Baby, let me be your man
So I can love you
And if you'll let me be your man
I'll take care of you
For the rest of my life, for the rest of yours
For the rest of ours
——Let Me, Zayn

July 18, 2018

Having hired a wedding planner seemed to kick things into high gear.  Jackie MacBride proved to be a veritable bundle of energy and had immediately started booking some meetings with Grayson and Cait to begin to work on details of the wedding. 

But today, Grayson had promised Brennan that he would appear at the Walk On America event that Brennan was holding.  Grayson knew Brennan was a bit disappointed with his fundraising efforts, but he'd managed to raise several hundred thousand dollars and Grayson was proud of him. 

After the event, Grayson and Cait had a late dinner with Brennan and his sister.  Brennan had managed to hug Cait and tell her that it was good to see her.  He lectured her a bit about taking good care of Grayson in Utah and reminded her that Grayson wasn't used to snow and cold.  Cait had taken it pretty well, only rolling her eyes at him once or twice.

And as they left the restaurant, Grayson saw Cait pull Brennan aside and hand him an envelope with a hug.

"What was that envelope about?" Grayson asked, as they strolled the short distance back to Bryant Park, hand in hand.

"Just a donation from my dad and I for Brennan's charity," she smiled.

"You didn't have to do that," Grayson frowned.

"I know I didn't," she returned. "I wanted to. And believe me, I'll hit Brennan and his dad up to repay the favor some day."

"Why didn't you tell me about it?" Grayson was still frowning.

"Because you already made a contribution," Cait said matter of factly. "And because you always say you don't want anything to do with how I spend my money."

She had him there. "At some point, we're going to have to figure out how the finances will work once we're married," Grayson sighed.

Cait glanced at him. "It's not a big deal, Gray,"'she said softly. "I can handle the finances and you can save your money."

"No," he snapped. "We're sharing the expenses. We'll figure something out."

Cait left it alone for now. "We can talk about it later," she sighed. "Right now, we've got wedding plans to deal with."

*****
July 19, 2018

Grayson had an idea for something he wanted to do for Cait, but he needed some help. He hated to ask Cait's father for an assist, so he decided to see if he could figure this out on his own and just let Jack know about it later.

He was up early and he sent Jackie an email and asked her to avoid one topic when they were discussing wedding plans and if Cait brought it up, to put her off a bit. He told her that he was working on a surprise and promised that he'd keep her in the loop, so that she could make some arrangements if it worked out.

Then he sent an email to Aaron, explaining what he wanted and asking for some guidance. He wasn't surprised when he got an immediate response. Aaron was an agent and practically slept with his cell phone. Aaron told him it shouldn't be an issue, but he would look into it and would get back to him.