Sharp Dressed Man

Gold watch, diamond ring
And I ain't missin' not a single thing
Cufflinks, stick pin
When I step out I'm gonna do you in
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
——Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ Top

A quiet dinner with Luke, Rae and Grayson had allowed Cait to relax a bit.  She got back in time to cook, which she always found therapeutic.  And Rae got back and filled her in on some of her conversation with her mother, which made Cait feel a bit better.  Luke was even mostly on his best behavior and didn't make too many snarky comments, having seen the dark circles under Cait's eyes.

Over dinner, Cait reminded Luke and Grayson of their appointment with Ramon the next day.  Even with everything else going on, the wedding plans were rolling along. 

And her father called after dinner and asked her to keep Saturday evening free.  He and Joan were both spending the day with Connor the next day, including taking him to his appointment with the psychologist and taking him to shop for some things for his new room. 

Cait had agreed, and reminded her father that she would be in the office the next day, if he needed anything.  By the time the call was done, she looked dead on her feet.  Grayson fixed her a vodka tonic and the four of them sat on the rooftop deck for a bit.  But in no time, Cait was dozing off, curled into Grayson's side, her head resting on his shoulder.

*****

August 24, 2018

Jack Callahan felt better upon waking than he had the day before.  And he realized that his future son-in-law deserved some of the credit.  So he decided to do something small for Grayson to let him know that he appreciated him. 

He thought about it for a few minutes and realized what he could do.  And then he called Jackie MacBride.

*****
Jackie hung up her phone with a shake of her head.  This was a new one.  But Jack Callahan was footing the very substantial bill for this wedding and if he wanted this, she'd cooperate. 

*****

Cait and Rae got out the door and headed for the office and Grayson managed to rouse Luke and convince him to go to the gym.  He'd decided not to give Luke any warning about Ramon.  Some things had to be experienced first hand.

They got lunch after their workout and then Grayson led the way to the midtown menswear store that Ramon had selected.  Alan David Custom was one of Manhattan's leading custom suit makers.  And Ramon had arranged for a private fitting and selection appointment.

Because the church wedding was so small, Luke and Rae would be the only actual attendants.  And for the beach ceremony, Cait had decided that Grayson could pick a shirt design that all of his teammates could wear, since they would have various roles.  The fathers and everyone else could be dealt with separately, once Luke and Grayson settled on their attire.

Grayson had been bracing himself for this for a couple of days.  But, if he was being honest, he was actually looking forward to seeing how Luke would handle Jackie's assistant.  He took a deep breath and ushered Luke in the door.

"Helllloooo!" Ramon quickly crossed the studio, waving and smiling at Grayson.  "El Guapo, chew look as hermoso as ever," he gushed.  "And chew," he turned to Luke "chew must be el mejor hombre, si?  Zee best man?"