Taking Care of Business

If you ever get annoyed
Look at me I'm self employed
I love to work at nothing all day
And I'll be taking care of business, every day
Taking care of business, every way
Taking care of business, it's all mine
Taking care of business and working overtime
——Taking Care Of Business, Bachman Turner Overdrive

May 4, 2019

"Remind me why we had to take such an early flight," Luke grumbled at Rae as he lifted their bags from the back of the car in a light rain. 

"Because I have a fitting today," she told him.  "It's at 11:30.  And I'm sure you don't want to go with me.  We need to drop off our bags.  And I need to exchange you for Cait."

"Still doesn't explain why we had to take a 5:30 a.m. flight," he groused in return. "Why didn't you just schedule the fitting for Monday?"

"Because I have meetings with grantees this week," Rae told him.  "You can go on Monday for your fitting, but it was easier for me to go today."

Luke was still grumbling as they got on and then off the elevator and Rae unlocked and opened the door to the apartment.  She poked her head in, surprised that there was no one visible in the kitchen or living area.  "Maybe they went for a run or something," she shrugged to Luke. 

Luke walked in and headed toward the stairs with the bags.  But before he got there, he stopped and dropped his cargo.  "Oh shit," he groaned. 

"What?" Rae asked from the kitchen where she was getting a bottle of water from the refrigerator. 

Luke didn't answer, just held something up and Rae turned to see him with a black dress dangling from one finger by a skinny little strap.  He gestured with his free hand to the shirt, jacket, tie and large shoes on the floor.  "Every goddamn time," he huffed.  "There's something wrong with them."

"We aren't the ones with a problem," Grayson said, as he came down the stairs in shorts and a t-shirt.  "You just have really lousy timing.  But take your fingers off my fiancee's garments, please."  Grayson snatched the dress from Luke and gathered up the rest of the clothes.  "Be right back," he said before going back upstairs.

Luke crossed his arms and waited for Grayson to return before very deliberately tilting his head toward the coffee table. "You missed something," he said pointedly.

"Oh, yikes," Grayson smirked, grabbing the torn black lace string bikinis. "Sorry about that."

"I'm starting to think there is no good time with you two," Luke growled.

"And you'd be wrong," Grayson smirked. "It's always a good time."

"That's my point," Luke said with a narrow look. "I don't have bad timing. You two are literally like a couple of bunnies and it doesn't matter when I show up. Because you're always fu-"

"Enough, Luke," Cait had walked down the stairs behind him and smacked the back of his head.  Then she gave him a wry smile.  "It's actually good to see you, even if you are being a jackass."

He chuckled and hugged her.  And then he hugged Grayson, who he hadn't seen since January.  "Never pegged you for a prude," Grayson giggled.