Puzzle Of Us

Fallin' into my kiss
Your hand slippin' through my fingertips
Locked up in my arms where you perfectly fit
I wanna hold you so close
I can feel your heartbeat
And be the air that you breathe
And together you and me can put together all the colors of love
Yeah well that's the puzzle of us

-----Puzzle of Us, Adam Doleac

February 23, 2019

Grayson had another game tonight.  With the travel and back to back games, he didn't have shoot around, but he wanted to go in and get some work in.  So he was out of the house.

He'd noticed that Cait seemed a little distracted, but he hadn't found any Pop-Tarts hiding in the pantry, so there was that.  But as he drove toward the practice facility, he was turning everything over in his head.

She'd been fine when she left Durham.  And it had seemed like things had been okay in New York.  She'd been busy, that was for sure. 

Maybe he was reading too much into her having a restless night.  But even after he'd gotten home, she'd been uneasy in her sleep.  He could tell.

He'd have to solve that problem later.  He was going to be busy, because he fully expected to be spending some time with the Stars. But he resolved to make time to talk to Cait before he left for Denver.

*****

Grayson was again a spectator as the Jazz overcame fatigue from the previous night's double overtime game and beat Dallas, 125-109.

He was struggling not to get discouraged, but it wasn't easy. Maybe he just needed to set it aside for a while.

As he dressed after the game, he remembered that Cait would be waiting for him. He suddenly knew exactly how to get his mind off of his frustrations.

*****

Grayson watched Cait as she made him something to eat after the game.  She seemed okay.  Maybe a bit distracted.  But he wasn't all that tired and he'd missed her.  So he decided that before he got into whatever was up, he was going to distract her from her distraction.  Then tomorrow, he'd figure out what was going on with her.

He slid behind her in the kitchen.  "You okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine," she said quickly.  But then she gave him one of those sexy little smiles.  "Why do you ask?"

"I've been a pretty good boy for over a week now," he whispered.  "Bad Grayson wants to come out and play."

He saw her try to hide her smile by biting her lip.  She tried to hesitate.  She finished his sandwich and handed it to him.  "You need some fortification then," she said.

Grayson laughed and took the plate.  "Is that a yes?"

"Depends on what you want," she said in that sexy little voice.

"Meet me in the shower," he said in his stern voice.

"I'll think about it," she smirked at him.

"Such a bad girl," he laughed.

*****

February 24, 2019

Cait woke slowly, blinking her eyes open. She immediately felt the hand on the lower part of her hip, Grayson's large palm right over the very top of her leg, his long fingers curled around her.

She smiled and didn't move. At one time she couldn't have imagined sleeping with someone touching her. But ever since that first night with him, she had no problem with it.