Losing Sleep

Fall into me
Let me breathe the air you breathe
I can take you anywhere you want to be, yeah
When it comes to us
Every single touch is something special
When we're wrapped up in those sheets
Yeah we're winning, we're losing
When we're losing sleep
——Losing Sleep, Chris Young

September 7, 2018

Grayson hung up his phone with a bit of a frown. He didn't mind Connor spending the weekend with them and he'd told Jack that. But Cait's father hadn't stopped there, but had tried to get Grayson to persuade Cait that she needed to spend more time in New York for the next few months. Grayson had just told him that it was entirely Cait's decision, that of course he'd like her to be in Utah as much as possible, but that he would support whatever she needed to do.

He couldn't help feeling as though he'd thrown Cait under the bus a bit with that response, but he hadn't really known what else to say. He'd been honest, and he supposed that was the best he could do.

He didn't have much time to dwell, because he needed to head to the airport to pick up Cait and Tyler. He'd made a stop at the pet store that afternoon to purchase some stuff for the cat. He was serious about training the damn thing to sleep somewhere else.

*****

She'd followed him to the pet store, had watched him buy a few things.  But she wanted to find out where he was living.  That was the objective for today. 

Unfortunately, it turned out to be a gated complex.  That made things difficult.  She'd watched Grayson pull up to the gate and punch in a code, and the gate slid open but quickly closed behind him. 

She'd frowned as his car disappeared from view.  It was an obstacle.  But she'd figure this out in due time.

*****

It might have only been a few days again, but Cait was glad to see Grayson. They held each other for a long minute, but then they got everything in Grayson's car and headed home.

Home. Finally, they were going to their new home together. The relief that washed over Cait at that realization was immense. This was what she'd waited for, for so long. 

She reached over to slide a hand onto Grayson's thigh.  "Missed you," she said quietly.

"Missed you too, Kitten," he grinned, lacing his fingers with hers.  "A real lot."

"I'm so glad to be here," she admitted.  "I can't wait to finally just be with you in our new place.  To get settled and just be together."

"I'm getting us home as fast as I safely can," Grayson tossed one of his cocky little smirks at her.  "I've got a few plans for our first night."

"Now I really can't wait," she smirked back.

*****

Grayson pulled into the garage and parked beside her Porsche.  But he poked a finger in her direction.  "Don't move," he ordered.  "I'll be right back."

He grabbed her bag and disappeared. But when he reappeared a few minutes later, Grayson didn't reach for Cait, but for Tyler. "I can-" Cait started, but he interrupted.