Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Oh, girls just wanna have fun
——Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper

May 31, 2019

"Jackie, no," Cait said quickly. "We aren't releasing a slew of photos. No magazine spreads. No photos for sale to the highest bidder."

"Cait," Jackie huffed impatiently, "whether you like it or not, there will be photos of this wedding out there.  The photographer will give you control over it.  But you can't insist that all of the pictures be kept under wraps. We'll limit it to the beach ceremony."

Cait pressed a hand to her head.  Wedding planning had ceased being fun a long time ago, but this was ridiculous.  "Grayson and I approve any publication," she gritted out.  "We have final veto rights."

"Of course," Jackie nodded.  "And it's just two or three pictures.  That's it."

"I'll talk to Grayson. He has to be okay with it," Cait said evenly. "I'm not putting anything out there that he doesn't know about and approve of."

"Look, this allowed us to get a top notch photographer," Jackie said quickly. "If he can't sell two or three, he's might decide it's not worth his time."

Cait was tempted to tell her that was fine with her.  That she didn't frankly care whether there was a photographer or not.  But she resisted.  "I'll talk to Grayson this weekend," she said firmly.  "But I've got to get going.  I'm taking Connor somewhere tonight."

Jackie suppressed a groan.  "Okay, but I need an answer soon.  And we have a few other things to discuss."

"Monday for the rest, Jackie," Cait told her.  "Tomorrow I have to find something to wear to the shower on Sunday.  That's enough for now."

*****

Connor hugged her long and hard when she arrived to pick him up.  "Brought you a present," she smiled, handing him the Yankees hat.

"I guess if I have to go to a baseball game, I should be properly attired," he smirked.

"Hey, no one is twisting your arm," Cait told him.  "It's just Yankees-Red Sox.  We can skip it if you want.  In fact, Granny mentioned needing some help with something for my shower.  And I know Joan has things we could do, since Sherry and Jennifer will be here tomorrow and are staying here."

"You win," Connor grinned.  "Baseball it is."  He put the hat on backwards.  "Let's have some fun."

*****

While Cait and Connor were having fun at the baseball game, Grayson was getting ready for the opening festivities of his bachelor weekend. Everyone was arriving and they were going to Nobu for dinner. Donovan had insisted. He, Luke and Jae were splitting the bill.

It really was incredible to have so many of his closest friends there.  It took awhile to work out the arrangements to get everyone to the restaurant, but they managed it.  And Luke reminded everyone that they were playing golf the next day, so they shouldn't get too terribly fucked up tonight.

Once they were all seated with drinks, Luke got everyone's attention and opened the festivities. "First," he started, "let me formally welcome our honorary members of The Brotherhood for the weekend." He gestured to Jae, Donovan and Royce. "You boys should be honored. But you have to turn in your Duke cards on Sunday. Tonan's been an honorary member of the club for awhile now, so he can keep his. Second, you all know that we're here to mourn G's bachelorhood, which, sadly, is terminal and has a life expectancy of only three weeks. I'm holding out hope for a miraculous recovery-"