Look What God Gave Her

And those eyes can hypnotize
Was designed to blow my mind
Look what God gave her
How perfect He made her
She walks in the room it's like He answered my prayers
The way that she moves how could anybody blame her?
I know she's got haters, but it ain't her fault
——Look What God Gave Her, Thomas Rhett

May 19, 2019

Being back in New York was a little disappointing, but it did mean that they were getting closer to a wedding. They'd arrived the night before, Luke and Rae continuing on to Detroit because Rae insisted that she had huge wedding issues to deal with. 

So they slept in a little on a spring Sunday morning.  But then they went for a run and made breakfast.  "This is another one of my fantasy days," Grayson grinned.  "You and me going for a run, hanging out together."

"Was going to a soccer game anywhere in your fantasies?" Cait asked.  "Because Connor has a game this afternoon and I told him that we'd come to it."

"I can adjust," Grayson chuckled.  "Figured you'd be anxious to see him after a week away."

"I figured you'd be missing Tyler and you'd want to head right over to Dad's place to fetch him," Cait smirked.

"Didn't even notice he was gone," he returned.  "See, told you we don't need him."

Cait smacked his arm for that. "You're all talk," she said laughingly. "You'd miss him."

"Haven't yet," Grayson said, giving her a look. "Y'think we could trade him in on a dog?"

Cait just shook her head at him. "I'm gonna go take a shower," she said, as she finished cleaning up breakfast.

"Is that an invitation?" Grayson asked. "Because I'd be happy to bless your eyesight."

"How'd I get so lucky?" she smirked at him.

*****

It got warm that afternoon and they certainly didn't need an umbrella or to cuddle up at Connor's soccer game this time. But Connor was happy to see them. He ran straight to Cait before the game started and hugged her for a long minute. "What happened to your knee?" he asked, once he let go.

"Just scraped it on a rock," she told him. "No big deal."

"She's kinda clumsy sometimes," Grayson smirked, causing Cait to shoot him a look.

"Make sure you keep it clean," Joan lectured, and she and Jack walked over.

"I know," Cait smiled. "Hi, Dad." She hugged her father and studied him. "How are you feeling?"

"Good as new," Jack assured her.

"Not quite," Joan reminded him.  "But he's graduating to four half days in the office, only for this week.  You two have a lot going on."

Cait blew out a breath at that.  They were starting the interviews for a president of the company.  And they had a board meeting at which they not only needed to explain the plans for the company moving forward, including the possibility of locating an office in Salt Lake City, but they also had to review the debacle in London.