To Make You Feel My Love - Part 2

There is nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of this earth for you
To make you feel my love
——To Make You Feel My Love, Bob Dylan

Dante's injury didn't get Grayson an early return to Salt Lake City, which Cait was disappointed about. But the the Jazz had assured Aaron that they were aware of the incident in Sioux Falls and that they took it seriously. That they'd arranged for security in Oklahoma City and that they'd also put the team hotel on alert.

Cait wasn't terribly satisfied, but she didn't have a lot of options that wouldn't get her into trouble with Grayson. But she finally took the one that she did have.

She stepped off of the plane in Oklahoma City with a bit of a smile. If Grayson wasn't coming home to her today, she'd just go to him.

*****

Grayson was just settling into his hotel room when there was a knock on the door.  He frowned but walked to it.  He looked out the peephole, trying to be a little more careful since his experience in Sioux Falls.

He grinned and opened the door.  "What are you doing here?" he asked his fiancée.

"I missed you," Cait told him with a smile.  "Mind if I stay?"

Grayson laughed and pulled her in the room, hugging her.  Before the door closed, he saw the security guard that had suddenly appeared when they arrived in Oklahoma City.  "Everything okay?" he asked simply.

"I know she looks suspicious, but she's okay," Grayson told him with a smile. "At least most of the time, she is," he smirked, as Cait rolled her eyes at him.

He let her into his room. "When's the last time you stayed in a regular old average hotel?" he asked with a laugh.

"Um, maybe never," she admitted. "But for you, Allen, I'm willing to rough it for a night." She smiled and set her bag down. "Aren't you happy to see me?"

"You have no idea how happy," Grayson grinned, wrapping his arms around her. "But why are you here?"

"I told you. I missed you. And I'm going to have to go to New York this week and I wanted to spend some time with you before then." She reached up to run her fingers into his hair. "And to watch you play."

"Well, since I don't play until tomorrow," Grayson said, pausing to kiss her nose, "maybe we could start with some quality time together."  He grinned and tilted his head in the direction of the bed.  "I mean we're in a hotel room with nowhere to be.  And I'm supposed to rest."

"Well, we'd better get you off your feet then," Cait smiled at him.  "And I'm sure you'd be more comfortable without this sweatshirt.  Not to mention the pants."

"You're so practical," Grayson grinned at her.

*****

There was something that felt almost illicit about being in bed in a standard hotel room in the middle of the afternoon.  But there they were, snuggled up together in the bed, skin on skin. 

"Need to figure out a way to bring you on the road with me more often," Grayson mumbled, mouth on top of Cait's head. 

She turned her head to look up and smile at him.  "Then you'd never get any rest," she smirked.