Heaven

Everybody's talking about heaven like they just can't wait to go
Saying how it's gonna be so good, so beautiful
Lying next to you, in this bed with you, I ain't convinced
'Cause, I don't know how, I don't know how
heaven, heaven
Could be better than this
----Heaven, Kane Brown

November 7, 2018

With both Donovan and Alec back, Grayson was not in the regular rotation.  So he was a spectator as the Jazz played one of their best halves of the season and were up 68-45 at the break. 

The Mavs weren't good.  And they were on the back half of back to back games.  But the Jazz finally played defense and stopped turning the ball over.

Cait was still watching from the bed at home, Tyler in her lap again. But she wasn't wishing for death anymore. She actually felt pretty decent. 

She knew there would be nights like this, where Grayson didn't play or only played in garbage time.  That didn't mean she had to like it.

So far though, he seemed to be handling it okay. Better than she was, to be honest. That was important. He needed to stay calm and confident. Be ready when he did get an opportunity.

Although the Jazz maintained a lead in the second half, the Mavs didn't go away. The game stayed reasonably close. So Grayson stayed glued to the bench.

The Jazz won 117-102, a win they badly needed.  At least Grayson shouldn't be tired.

*****
Grayson once again was anxious to head out of the locker room.  But this time, he just wanted to go home and sleep in his own bed
Cait had looked a lot better today.  After his shoot around, she'd been practically back to herself.  He was glad.  Her being sick was almost worse than being sick himself.  It made him feel helpless to see her that way.  He knew she'd felt the same way whenever he was injured.  And he had when she was injured.  But somehow illness was worse.  There just wasn't any control. And after her emergency surgery, he always got nervous when she was sick.

Best of all, he was still in town until Sunday and they really could salvage part of the week.  The next road trip was a long one and even though Cait would be at a couple of the games, he wouldn't have any time alone with her.  He wouldn't be back in town until late on November 19th.  And then his parents would be arriving for Thanksgiving.  And Marvin would be in town and had already indicated that he wanted some of their time.  And then Grayson would be going on the road again, and Cait would be headed to Colorado for a few days.  It seemed crazy how fast time was going.

*****

Stacy again watched Grayson walk to his car.  She saw the security and frowned.  She suspected that Grayson had seen her the night before and she didn't know if he recognized her from Duke or from New Orleans or not at all.  But she was a little concerned about it.

At least Cait still seemed to be out of the picture.  That was something encouraging. 

*****

Grayson found Cait sleeping again.  But she was wearing one of his t-shirts, instead of being bundled up in pajamas and a sweatshirt.  Tyler was at the foot of the bed, for a change, so Grayson just dropped his clothes and slid in beside her.  He reached over to touch her forehead and she felt perfectly cool.  That made him smile.