All To Myself

I want you all to myself
We don't need anyone else
Let our bodies do the talking
Let our shadows paint the wall
I want you here in my arms
We'll hide away in the dark
Slip your hand in my back pocket
Go and let your long hair fall
I want you all to myself
——All To Myself, Dan + Shay

February 13, 2019

The entire team had permission to leave directly from the Bay Area for break if they wanted to. And Jack had insisted on sending a plane for Grayson.

They'd lost a close game to the Warriors, 115-108.  But a close game meant that Grayson was a spectator.  So he rolled into the All Star break with a DNP-CD and couldn't help but wonder what would happen when Dante was back after the break.  At least Duke had pulled out a win in Louisville.  That improved his mood somewhat.  And the prospect of a week off seemed pretty good right now too.  Especially since he was planning a day of relaxation.

Grayson had actually hesitated to accept Jack's offer, before realizing that he no longer had to worry about whether it was an NCAA violation and that no one cared if he flew on a private plane belonging to Cait's father without Cait.

He arrived in Vail in the middle of the night, but there was a car waiting that delivered him to the ranch.

Grayson knew that Cait was feeling pretty close to normal, after spending a lot of Monday afternoon just resting. Anesthesia always made her really tired and a little nauseous, so she'd spent the day in bed. He half wished he was there with her.

But she'd been fine all day on Tuesday, had started moving her arm. She'd had it rechecked and been pronounced fine, just told to take it a little easy, not lift with it, and do her therapy.

Now Grayson made his way into her suite. He used the bathroom, ditched his clothes and climbed into bed with her.

"Glad you're here," she mumbled sleepily, sinking into his arms. "Missed you. And you're on break."

"Yes, I am," Grayson told her. "And since you're somewhat awake, I know exactly how I want to start my break." The fact that she wasn't wearing a single stitch of clothing either told him that she'd been thinking the same way.

"Let's go, Allen," she laughed.

*****

The plane touched down in the late afternoon in Durham, but Grayson was acting mysterious. Cait could tell he was up to something. He was never very good at hiding it. She just didn't know what it was.

He'd actually caught a nap on the flight, which Cait figured was good, since she knew he hadn't gotten a whole lot of sleep the night before. Even though he'd gotten to the ranch in the middle of the night, and definitely hadn't gone to sleep right away, he'd been ready to leave for Durham by mid-morning.

"Did you order an Uber?" she asked absently, as she gathered her bags.

"Nope," Grayson smirked.

"Justin picking us up?" she asked.

"No," he was trying hide his grin. "Told those guys we weren't getting in until Friday."

She looked over at him with a confused expression.  But he just gave her his boyish grin.  "You need to be patient.  I know how hard that is, but consider it part of your gift to me."