Come To Me

Take my hand in this empty room
You're my girl and I'm your groom
Come to me my sweetest friend
This is where we start again
——Come To Me, Goo Goo Dolls

Grayson didn't run, but he walked pretty quickly into the airport and Cait immediately threw herself at him.  She forgot about the lei and just hugged him.

"Glad to finally be here," Grayson whispered as he held her close. He could feel her shaking and hugged her tightly. "Ready to get started."

"You'd better be ready, Allen," she murmured. "You're gonna have whiplash soon."

"I'll take my chances," he smiled at her now and Cait remembered the lei in her hand. "Aloha," she smiled, reaching up to slip it over his head. "Welcome to our wedding."

Grayson kissed her, heedless of the other people there.  Luke finally cleared his throat.  "I'll get your bags to the resort," he offered.  "I'm told you two have places to be."

Cait blew out a breath and nodded.  "We can't be late either.  Thanks, Luke."

"Only time you've ever thanked me for interrupting," Luke laughed.  But he took Grayson's bags and shooed the two of them away.

*****

Cait and Grayson made their way to the parish office at St. Michael the Archangel.  They met with Paulette Adams, the parish wedding coordinator, who confirmed that she had everything other than the marriage license.  "There's no waiting period, so even if you get that tomorrow, you should be fine," she offered.  "I got the certificates from your home churches weeks ago."

"We have an appointment to get the license as soon as we're finished here," Cait told her.  "Just needed the groom to arrive before we could take care of that detail."

"Then let me tell Father that everything is ready," she smiled at them.  "Give me a few minutes."

She left the two of them in the office and Grayson just turned to Cait.  "So this is just the beginning, huh?" he smiled. Cait seemed tense.

"Unless you're gonna chicken out," she said, biting her lip.

"Not over this," he told her, reaching for her hand. "Now when I get to that resort and see all those people, I might run. But I'll take you with me."

"Apparently, Luke has plans for you this evening," she said with a shake of her head.

"Screw that," Grayson snorted.  "I've spent the last three plus weeks with Luke.  My plans for this evening involve you, me and a bed-"

"How lovely to see you two again." The voice came from behind him and Grayson started turning red. 

"Father Faletoi," Cait smiled at him.  "We're very excited for Saturday."

Grayson managed to turn around and greet the priest.  But he could feel Cait stifling her laughter. 

*****

"You just have the worst luck with men of the cloth, don't you?" she smirked at him after they were finished. 

Grayson sighed, but he couldn't completely control his giggle.  He'd endured questions and a minor lecture on the sanctity of marriage and the solemnity of the sacrament.  And then they'd told the good father that they'd see him the next day for rehearsal and made their escape.