Home to You

I get up and battle the day
Things don't always go my way
It might rain but that's okay
I get to come home to you
Sometimes life might get me down
And I get tired of getting kicked around
I feel lost in this maddening crowd
But I get to come home to you
——Home To You, John Michael Montgomery

December 2, 2018

Miami wasn't quite home either, but it was nice to be back in Florida.  And Grayson had gotten to have dinner with his parents and Tonan the night before, Justise joining them. He also spent a little time with his family today.  But he was ready for this game and then to get back home to Utah.  To Cait. 

He knew she'd gotten in the night before, after taking Connor to do his Christmas shopping.  And she'd seemed exhausted again.  He was getting really concerned about that.  A week at home was desperately needed right now.  For both of them.  But first, an early game against Miami. 

It had been good to see Justise.  He and Grayson had remained close friends even though Justise left after freshman year.  They talked and texted pretty regularly. 

There had been rumors that they'd almost been traded for each other on draft night.  That would have been wild.  But Grayson knew that even if that had happened, they'd still be tight. One good thing about being in the league was actually getting to see those guys once in awhile.

*****

Cait was watching the game, curled up on the couch with a blanket and Tyler, who had been left home the week before and was letting her know how displeased he was.

It was snowing in Salt Lake City, which Cait didn't mind. But it made her want to just cuddle up with Grayson. Unfortunately, he was in sunny Miami.

Rae had called earlier in the day, just checking to see when Cait would have the final draft of the corporate giving plan for her to review for the medical information, which had caused Cait to get stressed and agitated. Rae had frowned. Finally, she asked if Cait was okay.

"I'm just tired," Cait snapped. "And overwhelmed."

"Cait, this isn't like you," Rae told her. "You're worse than my sister when she has PMS."

Cait stopped at that. "Rae, you're a genius," she said quickly.  "That has to be the problem.  Never really had it that bad before, but that makes sense. I'm sorry I snapped at you."

"Get some rest, Cait," Rae told her. "We've still got time on the giving plan. Or just send me what you've got."

"I'll send you what I've got before Connor comes to visit," Cait promised. "Or sooner if I get done. But right now, I think I need to get some exercise. That should help."

After they hung up, Cait forced herself to go work out and to go to the grocery store. Then she'd made a feeble attempt to wrap a few Christmas presents, but was so tired that she'd taken a nap instead.

Christmas was stressing her out. She had no idea what to get Grayson. His non-materialistic, Zen ass said he didn't want anything. And she really had no idea what to give anyone else either.

Since Grayson had started drinking tea, she'd bought him a mug that said she'd love him even when they were old and he still played video games. And she'd gotten him some loose tea and an infuser. But beyond that, she was clueless.