Adventure

"Jacob this is ridiculous, why on earth did I agree to be part of this"

"Because you know deep down that I'm right, besides it's an adventure"

You were currently watching him pack night equipment into a camouflage backpack as you zipped up the black sweatshirt you were wearing. For the longest time even before you started dating, Jacob was a firm believer that the woods as the end of your culdesac was haunted. You of course deemed this to be absolutely ridiculous, yet he had still convinced you to come help him look for proof. He hands you a pair of night vision goggles and puts the night vision camera around your neck.

"Where'd you get all this"

"Online, but that's not important. We have investigating to do"

He drags you down the stairs of his house and you make your way outside into the night air. It was twilight, the perfect time according to Jacob. As you walked down the eerily silent street, you could only think about how you ended up with such a goofball.

"Your an idiot y'know"

"An idiot that your still dating"

He smirks and you roll your eyes. You hear a rustle in the trees.

"What was that!"

Jacob exclaims pulling out one of his "equipment pieces" and scanning the area. You sigh.

"That was the wind Jacob"

"What wind"

He licks his finger and then sticks it in the air.

"There is no wind Y/n, that was our first sing of paranormal activity"

You slap your hand to your forehead but continue to follow him as he records "strange occurrences".

"There are soooooo many other things I could be doing right no-"

"Sssssssh"

Jacob covers your mouth with his hand as you approach a large bush. He grabs a stick from the ground and points at he bush getting ready to attack. The bush rustles and a few seconds later out jumps a small rabbit.

"You have got to be kidding me"

You exclaim while removing his hand from your mouth and turning around.

"I'm going home"

"But you promised!"

He pouts adorably looking at you in an irresistible way.

"Fine fine whatever"

You roll your eyes and he smiles as you continue on your quest. Along the way Jacob stopped to record "evidence" continuously, although he was really just being paranoid.

"Look at this Y/n"

He points to a sticky substance on a tree.

"This could be ectoplasm from another dimension"

You walk over and sniff it.

"This is tree sap Jacob"

You roll your eyes.

"But you can never be too sure"

He says making you roll your eyes again. Eventually you managed to convince him to go home, but not before he took research samples to investigate later.

~~~

"I cannot believe you roped me into another one of your schemes"

You say as he plops down on his bed next to you.

"This is scientific research Y/n, you won't be complaining when I'm rich and famous"

"Of course, what was I thinking"

You say sarcastically. Jacob chuckles as he pulls you closer under the covers and places a kiss on your neck.

"Your mean to me but I still love you"

He says.

"Your stupid but I still love you too"

You say back and hear him chuckle softly in your ear as you both drift off to sleep.

Wattpad is experiencing a glitch where I can't read my own stories, so the only way I can see what's going on is through the comments. Tech support isn't helping either🙄🙄🙄~Bianca