Chapter 38- A flight with a Gungan

The ship was filled with laughter and giggles by the time we left the rebels base. I was pretty amazed at how Jar jar, out of everyone, he kept his cool and actually said something believable to master Obi-wan. The man who is not easily fooled got fooled by a gungan. "Okay okay! But the way he was staring at us, I thought we were done for" I laughed with a hand over my lips. Jar jar jumps off a counter and walks to a seat next to me "I know!" He laughs as he uses his legs to spin around in the seat. "Mesa was so nervous! Mesa actually can't believe mesa told a lie so believable dat master obi-wan believed it" he adds. I moved the hand that was over my lips and placed it under my chin making a hmm sound.

"But you know, maybe he didn't believed us" jar jar stops spinning the seat landing facing me. "What do yousa mean? Hesa didn't ask any more questions?" He comments. I nod in agreement "yeah but you do know that he isn't a person to be easily fooled, I mean, he is a master, maybe he knew about our plan and decided to play along" I explain, jar jar wanted to say something but the static sound of the radio and a male hologram popping out in front of our faces cut him off. "That's right kid" we both jump in our seats but jar jar falls to the floor by the sound of Obi-wan's voice coming from the hologram. "O-obi-wan!!" The sound of astonishment in my voice was enough for Obi-wan to turn and wave sympathetically at me.

Jar jar was picking himself off the floor as he stares at the masters hologram "m-m-master! What a pleasant surprise, haha" he sat back in his seat giving the holographic jedi master a nervous grin. "Why did you two lie, Huh? Did you two think I was gonna be easily fooled? And by a gungan?" His hand extends pointing at Jar jar, he didn't sound mad but he did had a hint of sternness in his voice. I look over to jar jar and then back at Obi-wan "Well, its just I-" "the truth Akari" he cross his arms. I gulped down my saliva and nod "I-I..." I let out a heavy sigh "I went out to look for Kira" I lower my head and look to the side, waiting to yelled at or scolded but all I could hear was his exhalation coming out of his mouth.

"Akari-" he pressed the bridge of his nose, I knew what he was about to say so I cut him off "I know master Obi-wan, I know that she might not want to come back to us, but what if she didn't mean anything that she did or said? What if she does want to come back because she feels alone? We were the only ones there for her" I start "yeah but-" I cut him off again "and weren't you the one who told me not to give up on anyone no matter what?" That kept him silent for a few minutes as his eyes go back and forth on Jar jar and I. I watch as how he takes his time to think about it but hesitates on it. Obi-wan groans defeated before speaking "fine! You may go and look for Kira, not that there's stopping you now" he mumbled the last part.

Jar jar and I both jump and hug each other celebrating. "But then don't come looking sad because she rejected to come back to the rebel base" with that, the hologram disappears. "No, I wont" I break the hug between me and jar jar and look out to the window "because I will convince her to come, she will say yes...she has to" I rest my hands onto the control panel, trying to only think positive and not negative as Jar jar's had was placed on my shoulder "Remember dat if shesa doesn't want to, wesa can't force her, its her choice and. Even if it hurts yousa and us, wesa need to respect and understand dat shesa's choos a different path now" he advised.

"Yeah...you're right" I turn my head to look at him and smiled gently "thanks for coming with me jar jar, even though you're clumsy and everything, you give such good advices to anyone" I kindly commented, The gungan placed his other hand over his chest where his heart is and smiled showing his teeth "do yousa really mean it?" I nod letting out a small chuckled at the happy, honored gungan. "Thank you, Akari" he said. "No problem Jar jar" I pat the hand on my shoulder.

After that we both got back into our seats and set coordinations of our first destination, Tatooine. "Right, we are going to check this planet first, cause you know its closest, she might not be there but its better to check than stay with doubt, right?" "Right!" Jar jar's voice came through robotic, telling me that he's playing with my helmet again. I giggled by that instead of telling him to take it off because I knew that at least entertained him when he was bored.

I focused of stirring the ship around so that we don't hit any asteroids before I hit the hyperdrive making the ship jump to hyperspace

'We are coming Kira'

End of chapter 38