Chapter 73- Got the Job

"I love you too Boba..."

Boba left the building, I stayed inside the room waiting for the person that he sent to bring our stuff here from the ship, which was a little odd because Boba is one to never let some random person inside his ship for any reason, not unless he's there with them to supervise them. Hours passed by when I decided to sit on the couch while drinking water until I hear a knock on the door 'that must be the person' I thought, making my way to the door and opening it revealing an employee with Boba's and my stuff. I quickly went to help the employee with everything before I thanked him and he left to continue his job. I went ahead and organized our clothing in our room, humming random songs to keep me entertained for a while.

When I was finished, I grabbed a shirt, long pants and went to shower. At the moment I was showering, the holo caller made beeping sounds telling me that someone was calling me, 'Boba?' Was the first name that popped in my head since he was the one who handed me the device himself. I walked out of the shower, wrapping a towel to cover myself up and with ought thinking twice, I answered the call. Boba's hollow gram pooped in front of my eyes. The hunter shoot a surprised glance towards me, noticing that I was wearing a towel. I saw as he took his helmet off, keeping eye contact with me "Kira? What are you up to? Why are you wearing only a towel?" His voice was serious with a hint of worry. I rolled my eyes at him thinking that he must be jealous right now.

At nothing that is.

Holding a giggle, I rolled my eyes and spoke "I was taking a shower silly" squinting his eyes, he leans a little towards the hologram seeing that my hair was wet and looks away embarrassed. That's when I giggled. "What's wrong honey? Thought I was up to no good?" I giggled more. He mocked my giggles which caused me to laugh out loud, he laughed as well. When we both calmed down, he spoke "and no, I didn't think you were up to no good because I trust you, just caught me by surprise" he smiled cheekily. He's so adorable! I was about to ask him why he didn't have his helmet on but he spoke first "by the way, I called you to see if you're okay and because I have to tell you good news and bad news" he sat on a seat that looked like to be a ship's seat a waited for me to say something which I did.

"I'm okay Boba, I was thinking about going for a walk around the town in a bit" I inform, he nods. "Be careful okay? Like I said, this place is dangerous" he repeated. "I know, but enough about that, what good and bad news are you talking about?" I asked interested to know, probably won't be something that I would like to hear and yet, what if was something important that I need to know? While I waited for him to start talking, I grabbed a comb and began to brush my hair, untangling every strand while they were still wet. The hunter's eyes followed my every movement before he shakes his head snapping himself out from his dream world and focused on what he had to say. He brought a fist up to his lips to clear his throat and spoke "lets start with the good news which is that...I got the job"

Stopping myself from combing my hair I glanced excitedly towards the hunter and cheered "that's awesome boba!" I praised him at the same time he throws a wink at me with a smile. His smile wash away as we both knew he was going to say the bad news. I prepared myself for anything, taking deep breaths to calm myself down and gripped at my comb feeling like it was about to snap from the pressure that I was putting in on it. "Kira, babe, I wont be coming back to Mandalore in three days" my eyes soften, slowly becoming upset by the news, I somehow knew this was coming and yet, I prepared myself for it but it still hurt cause I won't be seeing him for two days, meaning that this job is going to be thought "oh..." Was the only thing that came out of my mouth.

I opened my mouth to say something when the hunter interrupted "don't be upset sweetheart, its only three days, I'll be back I promise, I'm not leaving you in Mandalore-" I interrupt him "it's not that Boba..." I begin, pushing all of my hair to the side, feeling water droplets run down from my head to my back "then what is it?" He asks. I look up at the hologram and step forward as if he was in front of me "that job is going to be tough right? Usually jobs that take up to three or more days are likely to be difficult" I explain lowly almost mumbling my words out. I hear a gentle sigh coming from the hunter, knowing that I was worried about him more than the fact that his job takes three days. "Babe, I'll be fine, there's no need to worry about me, I know how to take care of myself"

I nod slowly with a slight pout on my lips. "What do you have to do?" I suddenly asked. "I have to look for a guy who has a...child, I yet to know who he is, some say he's a mandalorian, but they say that there's a lot of credit for the person who brings the child back, a lot of mandalorias have failed to bring the child back from him, even tough mandalorians" he explains, whiles he turns on the Slave 1, setting course to his destination. "This guy sounds really skilled and knows what he's doing, that child must be really important to him" I placed a index over my left cheek. "Yeah, anyway, I have to go now, remember to be careful and if you're going on a walk, let it not be a night, it way more dangerous at night than day alright?" I nod quickly "okay! I love you!"

He smiles warmly and waves a goodbye before he hangs up. I resume on combing my hair in my thoughts "a child? Boba didn't mentioned it was the mandalorian's child so im guessing its not, but...how come this guy sounds super over protective over the child that's not his?" I ask myself before I stop and realize the time, it was getting late which meant that I couldn't go on a walk anymore. So I stayed in the room, now thinking getting myself interested to know more about this guy.

End of chapter 73