Prologue (December 26, 2020)

The Next Morning with Matt & Gabby

Matt's POV: As I wake up the morning after Christmas, I come out of the bedroom in my boxers and a t-shirt while turning on the light because I was going to make myself a shake and go for a run since I was wide awake. However, I forgot my mom was there and heard her yell. "Matthew!" I then got scared. "Shit, sorry mom. Was just going to make myself a shake and go for a run." My mom sighed and looked up at me. "I am so glad I am leaving today. I can't stand being woken up so early."

I sighed and looked at her. "You sure you don't want to stay another day mom?" My mom just looked up at me and shook her head. "No Matt, you deserve the privacy of your apartment again." I sighed and nodded. "Thanks. Then listen, I am not going to go for a run today since you are leaving. Instead, I am just going to go back to bed until our little guy wakes up. It's only 7 am." My mom checked her watch and nodded. "Okay, sorry if I woke Gabby up. I know she must be tired after all the travelling you've done in the past few days."

I nodded and sighed before making my way back to bed and closing the door behind me so that I could have privacy with Gabby. Walking in and looking at her, I saw that her eyes were open. I sighed and then walked over to bed. "Sorry about that." Gabby just glared at me and shook her head. "Just get back in bed, wrap your arm around me and let me snuggle up to my teddy bear." I chuckled and nodded as I went to open the covers. I then wrapped my arm around her and kissed her head. "Sorry."

Gabby nodded and then looked up at me. "Thanks for last night." I chuckled and smiled when she said that before leaning down to kiss her. "My mom hasn't complain so I am assuming we were quiet enough." Gabby smiled and nodded as she ran her hand up my shirt before nodding. "Good, because I may want more later tonight when we are alone." I chuckled and ran my fingers through her hair. "Gabby, I'm sorry but I am not going to do two nights in a row."

Gabby understood and smiled when I said that. "Probably for the best. We can't always be guaranteed that the condoms are going to work." I nodded and smiled. "Let's just wait a month and relax okay? Then, I have an appointment to check whether my surgery worked properly. Then, we can go back to doing it as much as we want considering it won't be a problem. I mean, not that you being pregnant is a problem but...it kinda is if you know what I mean."

Gabby just nodded and rubbed my chest. "It is a problem Matt. I don't want to die so, I understand what you mean." I smiled when she said that before kissing her head softly. "I love you Gabby and I promise that I am going to get the surgery." Gabby smiled and nodded. "Can you grab me an iPad? Maybe we can stay up and watch a recording I have? It's the Macy's Christmas Parade." I agreed and nodded, grabbing my iPad from my side table.

Bringing it onto my chest, I then opened my iPad and went to find the PVR app so that we could watch the parade. Once I had it open, I went to find the recording of the parade and turned it on. "Let me just grab some earbuds and we can listen to it too." Gabby nodded and agreed before watching as I grabbed some earbuds from my side table. Plugging them into my iPad, I then gave Gabby one earbud while I took the other.

Gabby smiled when she put her earbud in before putting her hand on my chest and laying her head down on my shoulder. Moving my arm around her back, I then kissed her forehead before whispering to her. "I love you." Gabby smiled when I said that before looking up at me. "I love you too. Now, let's stay quiet so that we don't wake up your mom or Matteo up again." I nodded and agreed. "I am going to kiss you during the recording just an FYI."

Gabby chuckled and smiled. "And you think I don't want that?" I smiled and laughed as we started the parade before moving my hand up her back as I kissed her forehead softly. "I love you and thank you so much for that gift you gave me yesterday. It was priceless and something I am so glad I got. It is so special considering all the circumstances." Gabby nodded and smiled before going to pay with her necklace. "This is pretty special too."

I smiled and agreed, going to grab it before looking at the gem. "This way, you always have a piece of Matteo with you whether you're at home or at work." Gabby smiled when I said that. "I like that. That's a great way of describing the birthstone. It's a great symbol of him and I am so glad you got it for me." I smiled when she said. I then moved to kiss her forehead softly while running my fingers through her hair.

Rubbing my chest, Gabby looked at me. "You going to work out today?" I shook my head. "No, I am staying right here all day. I mean, other than driving my mom to the airport...this is all I want to do today." Gabby agreed and smiled when I said that because she felt the same way. "Then it's agreed. Other than driving your mom to the airport, we are staying here all day." I chuckled when she said that before going to kiss her again while watching the parade.