Chapter 1049

Manhattan - 16th Precinct
Oliva Benson's POV: As I sit in my office, I look at my partner Amanda Rollins as we finish up our latest case. "Glad we at least get to work here. I tried to work from home earlier in the year, it was brutal." She laughed and smiled, agreeing with me. "I know, try having kids." I nodded and agreed when I felt my phone vibrate. I went to check the caller ID and smiled when I saw it was Voight. I then answered and smiled. "Well, if it isn't a friendly voice. How long's it been Voight?"

That's when I heard a woman's voice on the other end of the phone. "Actually, it's only been a few months since we've last seen each other Benson. It's Erin Lindsay calling." I was shocked. "Why you calling on Voight's office line?" She sighed and told me some news I wasn't expecting. "Voight got shot. He's in the hospital and out of the line of duty for a while. Me and my husband have taken over in the interim." I was shocked and felt bad. However, I also wondered if this man she married was the father of her child. "Send my wishes to him and congratulations. He the dad?"

Erin chuckled. "Yes, he is the father. On cloud 9. But listen, I need to talk to you about the DeLaurentis group." Olivia was shocked when she heard that. "Wow, that brings me back years. You're dating me. What's up?" I sighed. "We just got sniff of them starting a new prostitution ring here in south Chicago." I understood. "Uhm, as far as I can tell...they're into a lot of shit. It's going to be hard to catch them." That's when I decided to put Amanda on. "Here, let me add Amanda onto the call."

I then put it on speaker. "You're on with me and Rollins." Rollins smiled when I heard that. "Hey Amanda, weren't you the one that dealt with the DeLaurentis group last time around?" Rollins nodded. "Yeah, what they doing in Chicago?" Erin sighed. "A case that is hitting close to home. Prostitution and we think, they are selling drugs through their prostitutes." I understood and then sighed. "Shit, this is probably not what you want to be dealing with right now. By the way, I've been meaning to reach out. Sorry about your mom."

Erin sighed again and sniffled a bit. "I'm doing better. We didn't have that close of a relationship. Just feel like my time there was a waste now that she's dead. I mean, I could've married my husband so much sooner had I not had to go to New York. And sorry if I'm so hormonal. Pregnancy." Amanda smiled before turning to look at me and saw I didn't have a surprised expression. "Benson! You knew?" I nodded. "Who do you think got her to go back to Chicago? Me and Voight helped her get there." Amanda nodded and understood.

Erin then got back on topic. "Okay, so can you guys send me all the information you have on Solly DeLaurentis. I want to know about him before we make any moves. I've decided that we do our research before we arrest them so that we don't have to do more digging after. We need to limit how much contact we have with these perps because of COVID." Both me and Amanda nodded. "Make sure you stay safe Erin! And congrats on the temporary promotion. Not often you see women like us at the top of their unit." We agreed and chuckled.

"Can I call you guys if I need anything else? One of our perps must be wanted in New York for something." I agreed and nodded at Rollins. "Definitely, you need anything just give us a call. Good luck and send my best to Voight." Erin agreed and then hung up. Once I hung up, I turned to look at Amanda. "God, and I thought Voight was impenetrable." Amanda nodded and agreed. "He got into deep shit yet, he got out. I'm shocked." I sighed and looked at her. "Want to join me in calling him? Need to check up on my friend."

Amanda nodded. "Of course, he's my friend too." I smiled and went to grab my phone again, calling Voight. I just hoped he could pick up his phone at the hospital. "Voight speaking." I chuckled and smiled. "How you feeling Hank? Someone told me that you're in the hospital." Voight sighed. "Yes, I got shot." Amanda nodded and looked at me. "Good pick for your interim replacement, I've worked with Erin before. Great girl."

Voight chuckled when Amanda said that. "She ain't no girl anymore. She's a full fledged woman. God, I can't believe I'm going to be a grandfather again." I agreed and smiled. "Voight, sometime when this all clears up...I am going to come see you and see how you are really doing. Plus, you must have some cold cases that I can get my hands on there that deal with SVU. Maybe we can open them back up and work together while I'm in town."

Hank agreed. "Definitely, just need to get it cleared with my doctor first." That's when I heard his doctor come in. "Voight! You know you are not supposed to be talking to the District unless Jay and Erin call for advice. Now, let me talk on the phone to tell the other officer the orders." Hank then groaned as he gave him the phone. "Hi, who am I speaking to?" I chuckled. "This is Hank's friend, NYPD Captain Olivia Benson on a personal call." I then heard the doctor speak.

"Oh sorry, this is Dr. William Halstead of Gaffney Medical Center." I thought I recognized that name. "Halstead, as in Jay Halstead?" He agreed. "Yes, he's my brother. How do you know him?" I laughed and smiled. "I'm friends with his wife from when she lived in New York. But listen, we need to go if Hank can't talk." He agreed. "Of course. Thanks for your service and stay safe. Let's just hope you don't get another spike there in New York City." We both agreed.

"Thank you for your service as well and I hope your family stays safe." I then hung up and looked at Amanda. "Wow, talk about a family of service." Amanda agreed. "One brother's a doctor and the other brother's a cop. Oh, and just so happens to be married to Hank Voight's de facto daughter." I nodded and chuckled. "Now, let's go send that information to Erin. She's going to need it if she wants to catch their perp." 

Amanda nodded and agreed, walking away with me to go look through our old files.