Chapter 1029

Meanwhile at the District with Jay

Jay's POV: As I walked into the district, I already saw Antonio there at his desk. I just looked at him. "We are co-Interim right?" He looked up at me and nodded. "Yes, that's what I heard." I smiled when he said that. "Okay, can you do me a favor though...any cases that involve pregnant wives. Can you take lead? I'm still a little too emotional. You've dealt with some while Laura was pregnant." Antonio nodded and agreed. "Of course Jay, I get it. You talk to Hank yet?" I shook my head. "No, however me and Erin are going to go see him when my brother says we can."

Antonio nodded and smiled. "What case are we working on? I've been out of it a bit. Been concentrating on Erin and our daughter." Antonio chuckled. "We are looking for one of Pulpo's associates who got out of prison." I then looked at him. "Okay, you are taking a backseat on this one." Antonio glared at me. "Jay, I'm fine!" I turned to look at him. "Antonio, he kidnapped your son. Your judgment is going to be blinded. Hank would bench you. I need you thought." 

He agreed and then went to look at the ground. "Okay guys, Jay is taking lead on this case." I then smiled at them all. "Okay, first things first...fill me in on the case Antonio." He then looked at me and nodded. "Fabian Valdez, associate of Adres Diaz aka Pulpo. Escaped from prison to see his daughter for Christmas." I nodded and looked at him. "Okay, first things first...I want someone at Union Station and the Greyhound terminal. He may be going to Indy!"

Antonio looked at me and thought about it. "Smart, that's where Pulpo had associates. Maybe he got in contact with them." I nodded and smiled. "Uhm. Ruzek and Upton. Go to Union Station. Ruzek, I want you by the doors to Amtrak...Upton, by the doors to Greyhound. Atwater, get a patrolman and go to the Greyhound terminal. Nobody goes to the buses without going by you!" They all nodded and got up to go. That's when I saw Burgess come upstairs. 

Adam was not happy. "Babe, I said to stay home. You're pregnant!" Burgess looked at him and sighed. "I brought you food. You need to eat." He nodded and sighed. "Thanks. Listen, just leave it on my desk. I need to go to Union Station." He then kissed her cheek before walking away. Antonio looked at her and sighed. "One of Pulpo's associates got out of prison. He's escaping." Burgess nodded. "Want me up here to do some computer stuff?" I shook my head. "That's where mouse comes in. Mouse!"

That's when Greg "Mouse" Gerwitz came out to see us. "Jay, how are you man?" He came to hug me when I stopped him. "Pregnant wife at home." He nodded and backed up. "Sorry." I looked at him. "I want you to find Pulpo's associates' number and track it. He's escaping. Could either be at Union Station or Greyhound terminal." Mouse nodded and went to sit at a desk. He then got his laptop out and started to work.

Meanwhile, me and Antonio turned around and looked at the board. "We need to get a decoy bus ready just in case." Antonio nodded. "What do we do if it's a train?" I then thought about it. "That's where Erin comes in." Antonio was confused and looked at me. "What?" I smiled. "Amtrak is a federal agency. FBI has jurisdiction. She has contacts with the FBI in Chicago." Antonio nodded and I then walked away to go the office so I could call Erin.

She answered right away. "Hey, how'..." I then interrupted her. "Sorry, this is not personal. It's work." Erin understood. "What's up?" I nodded. "Do you have the local FBI Office leader's contact information?" Erin chuckled. "Yes, I do. You need it?" I sighed. "Yes, I need someone to stop a train. We don't have jurisdiction." Erin understood. "Okay, I am sending it to you right now on text. Keep me updated okay?" I agreed. "Love you." I then hung up.

I then went and called Erin's contact. "Steve Burns, Chicago FBI Special Agent-in-Charge. How can I help you?" I smiled. "My name is Jay Halstead of Chicago PD Intelligence. We need some help with an Amtrak train. Need to stop it." He agreed. "Okay, we just need to know information on the name of the person and possible destination." I agreed. "Possible location is Indianapolis. He's an associate of a former criminal we have dealt with. Their HQ was in Indianapolis. If he's like his predecessor, he will be going there." He agreed. "Okay, that's easy."

I then got a text from Mouse. "He's at Chicago Union. Next train is in 30 minutes." I then went to talk to Steve Burns. "Okay, I Just got confirmation that he is at Union Station. Can you stop the train?" Steve then spoke again. "Of course. Want FBI help to arrest?" I thought about it and agreed. "Sure thing. See you there?" He agreed. "See you there." I then walked out to the room. "Antonio, gather up intelligence. He's at Union Station. Amtrak being stopped right now."'

Antonio nodded and smiled. "That was fast." I smiled. "Helps when your wife is a former FBI agent. Gave me the direct contact number for the person I needed to talk to." I then went to walk away to the cars so that we could get to work. "Antonio, you want to ride with me or are we going separately?" He looked at me and smiled. "Let's go together. I want to stop at Chicago Med after to go see the boss man." I agreed and then went to go to my pickup. Getting in the driver's seat, I watched as Antonio got in and then pulled away.

"Buckle up. I don't need to have Gabby, Matt or Sylvie on my case if you get hurt!" He laughed and smiled. "You still scared of my sister?" I nodded. "Girl is crazy good at fighting." Once he was buckled up, I pulled away. "And I sparred with Matt recently at your gym remember, he wasn't that bad." I chuckled and nodded. "I need to train him more." We both agreed with that when we got a radio from Ruzek. "We're at the Greyhound terminal." I then radio'd back. "He's not there. He's at Union Station. Move there please."

Ruzek agreed. "Got it." I then continued to drive towards Union Station so we could get Pulpo's associate. Antonio looked at me and smirked. "I get to arrest him okay?" I agreed and nodded. "He was part of the team that kidnapped Diego, I agreed." Antonio nodded and smirked as he prepared to arrest Fabian Aldez.