Chapter 1044

An Hour Later - After Breakfast
Severide's POV: Once everybody finished eating breakfast, me and Boden both asked them all to make their way to Ottis' memorial. It was the only part I knew exactly what I wanted to say. After all, if Ottis could be here....he would be here and supporting me all the way. I am just glad that everybody else is all for this. I told some of the more senior members (most importantly, Hermann and Mouch) so that they would know ahead of time. And maybe, get them to open Molly's for a private CFD party. I just hoped that Stella didn't figure it out.

At least, I was hoping that until she asked me a question. "Kelly, what's happening and why is Brett here? She's not supposed to be here." I turned to look at her and smiled. "Because I wanted my entire family here for this. Well, Firehouse family." She was confused and I just stood there. "Okay, now I don't want anybody saying anything from the background okay? I've been working on this speech for a while." They all nodded and agreed. I turned to look at Matt who had his arm wrapped around Gabby, giving me the sign to breath.

I did just that and then looked at Stella. "Stella, I asked all of our friends here today because I wanted to end our last shift of 2020 on a positive note. This year has been crap. I think we can all agree on that...." I was about to continue when Matt chirped in. "Speak for yourself! I got my girl back and we just had a son!" I laughed and turned to look at him. "...Fine, then for the City of Chicago it's been crap. However, there was always one person I knew would be by my side."

Stella smiled when I said that. "Now, I know you are probably thinking. What happened to my tough boyfriend? And I know you don't like this mushy gushy stuff. But deep down, we all know that's not true. Right Stella Bella?" Stella glared at me and went to slap me. I then stopped her. "Stella, relax. And just let me finish because nobody is going to remember that after I do this." I then went to grab her hand and got down on one knee. "Stella Kidd, you're an amazing firefighter, an amazing girlfriend, and hopefully someday....an amazing wife. Stella Kidd, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Stella then nodded and smiled as she teared up. "Yes, Kelly. Yes!" I felt her put her hands on my face and kiss me softly. "God, I was scared you went soft." I chuckled and went to grab the ring. I then jammed it on her finger before getting up and wrapping my arms around her. I then went to kiss her softly and smiled as I held her close. That's when I saw her look at the ring and smiled. I then kissed her forehead and rubbed her back. "Mrs. Stella Severide sounds nice."

Stella then looked up at me. "Mr. Kelly Kydd sounds nice too." She then slapped my face and smiled. I then went to grab her hand and intertwined our fingers. "I'm getting married!" I yelled at everybody and everybody smiled. Matt then walked over to me and hugged me. "Congrats man. You finally did it!" I laughed and smiled when he said that. "You're my best man." Matt smiled and nodded. "I wouldn't want to be anything else." That's when I noticed Matteo in Gabby's arms. "I didn't even realize my nephew was here."

Gabby chuckled and smiled. "Antonio brought him. By the way Antonio, thanks for doing this. Now, don't you need to get going to work?" Antonio sighed and nodded. "I need to go to the unit. However, I also need to drop Sylvie off at home." Matt then looked at him. "Antonio, go to work. We got it. Your place is on our way home anyways!" Antonio nodded and smiled. He then turned to look at Sylvie and wrapped his arm around her. "See you at lunch. I'll be home then." Sylvie nodded and smiled as she kissed him before turning to look at me.

"I wish I could hug you Stella and Severide, but I can't. I am so happy for you guys though!" I smiled at her and nodded. "Thanks Sylvie. And I totally get it, you're pregnant!" Sylvie smiled at everybody and showed off her bump. "Oh about that. I actually have some news." We then all turned to look at her. She then sighed. "I feel bad doing this here and now but, it's bound to get our and who knows when we're going to see each other next. But, I can't say it when you're celebrating."

Stella then looked at her. "Oh, just spit it out Sylvie!" Sylvie then sighed and looked at me. "This is my last time here at 51. I've decided to resign my position here in order to take a position at CFD headquarters permanently." Gabby was shocked when she said that. "We are talking about that in the van!" Sylvie sighed and nodded. "Guys, I have to think about my twins. I need to be home more. This job might allow me to work remotely." Boden nodded. "We understand. By the way, congratulations to Kelly and Stella! Now, we need to go so the next shift can take over."

We all agreed and nodded. Meanwhile, Gabby and Matt took Sylvie to their van to drive her home (and probably have a conversation with her).