Chapter 1069

Meanwhile, at Gaffney Medical Center (University Campus)
Natalie's POV: As I pack up my stuff for the day to take Owen home, I see him about to take off his mask. "Owen, I said that you need to keep the mask on." That's when I saw Will come in. "So, you're heading home?" I turned to look at him and nodded. "First, I need to stop at Goodwin's house. I need to beg for the night off." Will then nodded as he looked at me. "You deserve it Natalie. We literally had 3 days off over Christmas when we booked until the New Year."

I nodded and sighed. "I hope she sees it that way." Will then walked up to me and rubbed my back. "Hey, everything will be okay. Anyways, probably best you go considering I am already in the doghouse with her." I turned to look at him. "What did you do?" Will sighed. "I let Erin in here remember? I know she approved it but, I am positive that she is going to hold it against me." I nodded and understood. "How about you say goodbye to Owen since I am leaving?"

Will nodded and walked over to Owen. "Hey bud, you are going to go home with mom. I'll be home later tonight okay?" Owen then turned to look at me with a car in his hand. He then went to throw it in my eye like he did when he was a kid but, I was ready. "Owen!" Natalie then looked at him. "It was cute when you did to Will when he was just my boyfriend. But, he's your dad now. So, that is a time out mister." Owen then grimaced as he looked at us both. Will then sighed.

"Hey, while you're there...ask if I can take the night off too? I wouldn't mind spending my first New Year's Eve as a father and husband at home with my family." I turned to look at him and smiled, liking the idea. I then walked over to him and was about to kiss him when I heard Maggie come in. "Oh, you're still here. Goodwin was looking for you. She's in her office." I was shocked when she said that. "Okay then. Will, how about you come with me then?" Will nodded.

Maggie was a bit confused. "Why do you need to talk to Goodwin anyways?" I sighed and looked at her. "Hellen is sick so she can't watch him New Year's Eve. And none of our friends can watch him because they are all working. So, I need to beg for that night off. I am just hoping that Will can get it off too. Wouldn't mind having it off with my husband." Maggie nodded and smiled. "Hey, you guys go ahead. Want me to watch him while you're gone?" I smiled when she asked.

"That would be great. One less person to take care of." I then went to set my stuff down next to Owen and smiled. "Hey Owen, you remember Maggie right?" He then turned to look at me and Maggie, nodding. I smiled at him. "Well, I have to go talk to my boss. She's going to watch you for a bit okay? Then we'll head home." He nodded and smiled. "Okay." Maggie then went to sit down with him and played with him. Meanwhile, I walked over to Will and grabbed his hand.

We then took one last glimpse at Owen playing with Maggie before making our way upstairs to Goodwin's office together so that we could get the time off until the New Year.