Chapter 991

Matt's POV: After getting dressed in the washroom, I smile as I make my way into the bedroom to grab my phone and wallet. That's when I see Matteo sitting on the bed. "Hey little guy, what you doing in here with you should be with grandma?" I then went to pick him up, kissing his cheek softly when I heard Gabby. "He needs to get dressed so he can join us." I turned to look at her, a bit confused as I saw her dressed. "Where are we going? Because, I have to drop my mom off." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded.

"Someone wants to say goodbye to his grandma when she's at the airport instead of when she's leaving the apartment." I smiled when she said that before nodding. I then walked over to her with Matteo and grabbed her hand. "You're going to be in the back with Matteo on the way okay? I want to give my mom the front seat so that she can have a good seat until we get to the airport. I think we both know just how bad those airplane seats are." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Oh, my back hurt so much when we got to Miami for our honeymoon."

I agreed and smiled before wrapping my arm around her waist. Feeling her hand on my cheek, I smiled as I moved to kiss her softly. However, I was interrupted when my mom came in. "Oh, sorry. I am just going to wait out there." I sighed and looked at my mom. "It's okay mom, we should be out there with you spending as much time as we can before we drop you off at the airport. Gabby is just going to get Matteo dressed. I have to eat breakfast." My mom nodded and smiled. 

Giving Matteo over to Gabby, I smiled as I walked out with my mom to go eat some breakfast. "Did Gabby already make you some?" My mom nodded and smiled. "Matt, you picked good when it came for a wife. I am just glad I got to meet this fiancé of yours." I sighed and understood what she meant. "It's in the past. But listen, I need to eat a bagel or something." My mom then went to open the microwave to reveal that Gabby also made me breakfast. "God, I love that woman." My mom laughed and smiled as I went to grab my food. 

I then carried my plate to the table before sitting down. That's when I heard Gabby come out with Matteo. "Well, they do say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach." I chuckled when she said that before nodding. "For some guys, that's true. However...not for me. I fell for you because you are the most caring, amazing woman I've ever met and because of your big heart that will make an amazing foster mom." Gabby smiled and blushed when I said that before looking at my mom. "You already eat Nancy?" My mom nodded and smiled.

"Then how about you take this little guy and I can eat some breakfast with Matt. Please tell me you left the other plate in there Matt." I nodded and agreed. Gabby smiled when I said that before handing Matteo over to my mom. "We just need a bit of time then we'll leave for the airport. Who knows how bad traffic will be on the interstate." She agreed and smiled before looking at Matteo. "C'mon my little angel, let's go sit on the couch before I have to leave."

I smiled when she said that before watching as Gabby sat down with me. I then looked at Gabby and smiled. "I am so glad you decided to go ahead with your pregnancy." Gabby turned to look at me. "Why you bringing that up?" I smiled while grabbing her hand. "My mom never got to experience that with Violet. To see her be able to be all gushy and in love with her grandchild is something I never thought I'd ever see." Gabby smiled, quite happy after I said that before nodding.

"Just wait, she is going to be even more ecstatic when we have our second child with that surrogate. By the way, I want to look over those profiles." I nodded and agreed. "I have them here on the table to look at a bit." Gabby shook her head. "I want to look at them together in bed. Like read about them. We have access to a lot more information in the database I have." I nodded and agreed before rubbing Gabby's hand. "I promise, we'll do it later."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to eat. "Listen, let's just eat. We need to get your mom to O'Hare or Midway?" My mom then turned to look at Gabby and smiled. "Midway." I nodded and agreed, smiling as we ate so that we could drive my mom to Midway. "Maybe we can stop by the firehouse on the way back since it's on the way back. Midway is south of the firehouse and we live north of the firehouse." Gabby sighed and shook her head.

"Uhm, I don't know if I'm ready to go back Matt. I mean, that is where I was..." I nodded and grabbed her hand, sighing. "Then maybe we can just come home after." Gabby agreed and smiled before getting up to hug me. Wrapping my arms around her, I kissed her forehead softly before rubbing her back. "Just relax okay? We'll eat, drive my mom then we can come relax in bed again." Gabby nodded and agreed, moving to sit back down so that she could eat breakfast.

I was about to say something when my mom got up and walked over to Gabby. "Here, hold Matteo for a bit...that'll cheer you up." Gabby looked up at my mom and smiled. I then looked at my mom and mouthed. "Thanks." My mom then walked away and grabbed her bags. "I am just double checking that I have everything. Trust me, I am not taking them out to your car." I chuckled and smiled when she said that. "I wasn't going to let you even if you tried."

My mom smiled when I said that before going to sit on the couch again, seemingly ready to go home.