Chapter 1053

Gabby's POV: Once we made our way to the bedroom, I got in bed with Matteo first. I then turned to look at Matt as I held Matteo in my arms and smiled at him. Matt then got the hint that I wanted him in bed now and got in with me. He then wrapped his arm around me and put his hand on Matteo's back. "Hey little guy, you look comfortable there. But, how about you come lay down on daddy's chest so your mom can do the same?" I chuckled and looked up at him, liking the idea. I then passed him Matteo and watched as Matt laid back in bed. 

Once he was comfortable, he set Matteo up on his chest and wrapped his arm around me. Moving closer to him, I then put my hand on his chest and smiled as I felt Matt hold me close. "Now, this is what I want when we are at home. I know we always say that we are in here too much but it's because I am so much more comfortable here." Matt agreed and smiled before moving to kiss my forehead. "I feel the same way, nothing like having the woman I love and our son in our arms in a place where we are really warm." 

I smiled and nodded as I went to rub his chest before bringing up the topic we agreed we were going to talk about. "Now, onto what we planned to talk about. You really want to plan a real wedding for us? I mean, we did talk about it in the past but...you want to revisit the subject?" Matt nodded as I felt his hand on my leg. "I know you are probably thinking that it's just for Antonio since he's the one that wants a real wedding but...I want it too. I want to have memories that will last us a lifetime. And that are actually related to the wedding."

I was confused by what he meant by that. "What do you mean by that?" Matt sighed. "I want to say this first that...of course both times that we got married, we did it because we love each other. Okay? That's just something I want to have as our baseline okay?" Gabby nodded and looked up at me. "However, I feel like each time there was another reason that was pushing us to get married quicker than we would have had we taken the time to do it right."

Gabby nodded and seemed to start to understand what I meant by that. "The first time, it was our attempt to try and adopt Louie. The second time, it was because of the threat to my life. I can't help but think of that every time I think of our wedding day and that's not what I want. I want to think about how beautiful my wife was on that day, the people we shared the day with and what happened that day. Not the negative parts of the day. Do you understand what I mean?" Gabby nodded and smiled.

She then looked up at me. "That makes total sense Matt because I feel the same way. I know in the past I said that I didn't want this but, I think I was just in denial. I said this during a time where I felt insecure and just scared that we moved too fast. But then again, this is us." I laughed and smiled when she said that because it was true that we moved very fast. However, it felt so right. After all, we were married before. And we planned to get married again. Why not just get it ov....now I get what he means.

"Yet, at the same time. Doesn't it feel like we just did it to get it over with? I mean, that's another way we can look at it." Matt then shook his head and moved his hand to my arm. "I want to tell you right now that I am damn proud to be your husband and Matteo's father. We did it so that I could protect you properly and be there for you. But, thinking back...I also think I did it because I wanted to be there so that I could really be in this with you, just like I promised."

I was confused when he said that. "Okay, when did I ever make you feel like you weren't in this with me? Matt, we both know that's complete BS." Matt sighed and nodded. "I mean, when it came to any troubles we would have in the future. What would've happened if we were in Indiana let's say when you went to the hospital right before we got married. Nobody would know who we are and nobody would've known our relationship status."

I started to understand but just let Matt continue. "This way, I could've pointed to my wedding band and not have to just play the...I'm her son's father card. It felt wrong to have to use Matteo. But, luckily for us...we've never had to go to a hospital that was Gaffney Medical Center. So, sure...it wouldn't have really mattered now. But, I still like the idea of being called your husband. We wanted everything to go back to normal. Well, normal with a baby." I chuckled and smiled.

Matt then kissed me softly. "And that involved us getting married. We would've felt that way anyways so, it just felt right to do it. But, I still promise that I want to do it right next year. I owe it to you because it's been twice now that we didn't get married in that big ceremony. Well, twice for you and three times for me. But now, I am starting to change my mind because I really don't have any family left to invite. It would mostly be your family." I nodded and smiled.

"Then we can make a compromise." Matt looked at me and was confused. "What?" I smiled at him. "But first, you need to do something." Matt was confused. "What's that?" I smiled at him. "You need to learn spanish." Matt just stared at me and was really confused. "Okay, you are going to have to explain that one in detail. Why do I have to learn Spanish?"