Chapter 1043

Severide's POV: As I walked into Chief's Office, I got nervous because I didn't know how well this would go. However, I had a feeling he would be supportive. Knocking on the door, I looked at him. "Think we can talk for a minute Chief?" Boden turned to look up at me and nodded. "Of course. Come in gentlemen. First time we are all in the office since Matt became a paramedic and is no longer a Captain." Matt chuckled and nodded. "Actually, I am here to give Severide moral support. Severide, you do the talking. This is your question."

I then nodded and took a deep breath. Taking the ring out of my pocket, I showed it to Boden. "What do you think?" Boden looked at me and smiled. "Hope this doesn't bring back a flashback for you Matt but...congratulations Kelly. Well, to the both of you." Matt smiled when he said that. "Trust me chief, it's fine." He nodded and smiled. "So, when are you planning on doing it?" I then bit my lip. "I was hoping to do it with all of our friends and I wanted to do it before the end of the year. And since today is our last calm shift of the year....maybe like now?"

Chief smiled when I said that. "You didn't really plan this?" I shook my head. "Boden, I've come to realize this year that I don't want to spend the rest of my life without her when people all around the world are dying. It's time for me to marry a woman I really love." Matt then put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. "Severide, I think you just found your proposal speech. Just don't mention her name." Boden was confused when he said that. I then reminded him of my first marriage. "Vegas, Britney?"

Boden nodded and remembered now. "This time we get a real wedding for you." I laughed and nodded. "So, what do you think? Can we do it let's say after breakfast? I want to do it at the Ottis memorial so the entire firehouse is involved in this." Chief nodded and loved the idea. "Let's do it Severide! Time to get you engaged!" I chuckled and agreed, ready to propose to the love of my life...Stella Mae Kidd"