Chapter 1031

Jay's POV: After making our way down to the ER, I smiled when I saw Will and Natalie in the staff room. Walking in to see them, Erin smiled spoke up. "First time us two pregnant women have been in the same room in a while." Natalie then turned to look at us and smiled. "Oh Erin, I heard that Hank was here." I nodded and sighed. "How about you go talk to her? I need to talk to my brother for a minute okay Erin?" Erin nodded and went to talk to Natalie. Will then walked up to me. "Where you off to?"

Will sighed. "They need more supplies at McCormick Place. Volunteered to do the run." I agreed and sighed as we walked out to talk for a minute. "So, I was shocked when I saw that Erin was here visiting Hank." Will sighed and knew where this was going. "Jay, I can't stop her from visiting Hank. Plus, she's not my wife. Heck, even you can't control her. Haven't you learned that yet?" I laughed and nodded. "I keep forgetting that. Guess my fears are just getting the best of me. Now my fears are really high."

Will looked at me and got worried. "Something to do with your military friends or something?" I sighed and shook my head. "Man, what if Hank doesn't make it? I don't know if Erin will survive. I mean, she's already lost her mom and didn't get a proper goodbye with her. However, not being able to do that with Hank might kill her." Will nodded and agreed. "It definitely will. So, you want me to make sure he survives?" I nodded. "Get on his service maybe?"

Will nodded. "I will try my best but, his case is a bit more special. You know he is in an at risk group and I'm not an infectious disease certified doctor. He's on that floor for a reason. It's our critical patient ER for people who are at risk." I nodded and understood. "You are working down here aren't you?" Will nodded. "Jay, I will try my best to make sure that he gets the best care but...that's all that I can promise."

I understood and nodded. "Thanks. However, I am going to be there for her. I am going to work from home now." Will smiled, liking that idea. "That sounds great. But listen, how about I make up for not calling you want we can get Erin an ultrasound." That's when we heard the two Mrs. Halsteads come out to talk to us. Natalie then spoke up. "That is exactly where we are going. Will, how about you go check up on my patients for me?"

Will nodded and smiled. "I will make sure to keep an eye on him. Stay safe guys." Erin then looked at me and smiled. "You asked him to be on Hank's service didn't you?" I nodded and smiled. "He can't be on his service but, he is going to give us updates." Erin smiled and moved to hug me. I then moved my hands to her stomach and heard her whisper to me. "Sorry I came without telling you." I nodded and understood. "Erin, it's okay. I'm over it."

We both nodded and then let each other go. I then turned to look at Natalie and smiled. "Think we can get that ultrasound now?" Natalie nodded and smiled as she led us away. "Yes, let's go see that cute soon-to-be niece of mine." I smiled when she said that and nodded as we got ready to go see our daughter.