Chapter 1035

Gabby's POV: After making making our way to Matt's office, I smiled as I saw him lay down on his bed in a way that would allow me to get comfortable. Quickly taking off my shoes, I then got in with him and moved to cuddle up to him while wrapping my arms around him. "Thanks for being so supportive when I need you." Matt then rubbed my back and looked down at me. "Gabby, you don't need to thank me for doing that. It's my job." I nodded and agreed before kissing him softly. "We might want to Sylvie before we get...you know, interrupted."

Matt was confused. "Why Sylvie?" I sighed. "Antonio's at the district remember? He and Jay have taken over since Hank is in the hospital." Matt nodded and agreed. "Sorry, a lot of calls today." Matt then went to call Sylvie and put it on speaker. Sylvie then answered right away and smiled. "Thank god you called, I need to talk to an adult for a while." I laughed and smiled. "Can you put us on FaceTime? I want to see the little guy." Sylvie agreed. "Sure thing." Matt then accepted the FaceTime call when Sylvie called us.

I then smiled at Matteo. "Hi buddy, how are you?" Matteo smiled when he saw me and Matt. Matt then looked at him and spoke up. "How's he doing today? He have supper yet?" Sylvie was about to say something when Antonio came in, obviously having overheard us. "I got it Sylvie." Sylvie then turned to look at him. "Antonio, it's your sister that asked whether Matteo had supper yet." Antonio then went to set his gun down in the safe and smiled. "Hey, thanks for helping us with Voight today. He's already doing a lot better."

Matt smiled at him. "I was actually the one who treated him. Was really weird treating him considering our history. Heck, Voight was scared that I was going to be treating him." Antonio laughed when Matt said that. "First time I've ever heard of Voight being scared of something." I then added. "That's not true. He's been scared whenever Erin has to go to the hospital." Antonio agreed and nodded. "That's because they have more of a father-daughter relationship than that of an employer-employee relationship."

I smiled at him and then looked at him. "So, how's it being head of intelligence for a while?" Antonio chuckled. "I liked it. Me and Jay worked great today. However, we agreed that tomorrow we would all work from home rather than go into the district. There's no need. The only reason people still go in is because Hank isn't that good with the most recent technology. I think that once he retires and leaves the district in Jay and Erin's hands...it will be much more virtual." Sylvie seemed to like that as she put her hand on Antonio's leg.

"That sounds great. That means you are going to be home more to help out with these little ones." Antonio smiled and went to put his hand on her stomach. "Yes, my two future intelligence officers." Sylvie then glared at him. "Theo is going to follow in your footsteps and become a police officer. However, Lola is going to follow in my footsteps and become a great paramedic. Maybe we can become team 2 at the firehouse. I mean, if you guys are still working there." Matt nodded. "Depends who the chief will be at that time." I then looked at Matt. "Would you do it?"

Matt bit his lip and thought about it. "Considering the chief doesn't have to go into the fires...I could but, I am enjoying being a paramedic. However, since I kept my seniority...I will keep doing it until I retire. That way, I can get an even bigger pension. At least, I think that's how it works. I mean, it would make sense if my CFD Firefighter Pension also transferred to my CFD Paramedic pension. Plus, I am not taking my pension yet even though I am eligible for it."

Antonio was confused when he said that. "How are you already eligible for your CFD pension if you are still in your early 40s?" Matt sighed. "It's related to my lungs. Since I've been deemed unsuitable for active service with regards to being a firefighter, I am eligible to retire and get my pension because of my injury. That's how I am eligible for my pension. However, I am not taking it and letting it grow more." Antonio nodded and understood. "I actually need to look at that. I need to see whether they are going to take my years with the FBI in Puerto Rico into account when they are calculating my seniority and pension eligibility. However, I am not taking it right when I am eligible. I am going to need my full salary for a long time."

Matt chuckled when he said that. "Yes, you are. After all, you have 2 teenage kids and soon, you are going to have 2 babies to take care of. Oh, and just to let you know...college now a days is around $20K per year. I recently looked at it to know how much to save for Matteo. I am going to try and get $100K in his college fund by the time he's 18." I then turned to look at Matt and nodded. "Good idea. But, can we please not talk about College yet? He's still my baby boy." Matt nodded and agreed with me. 

Antonio then looked at us. "Gabby, you okay? I see the tears. Do you need me to invite Matt to the gym again and give him a lesson?" I sighed and shook my had. "No, it's not that. We are talking about adoption again. I am just going through the emotions of my fears. You remember how it went with Louie." Antonio nodded and understood. "This time, you'll get the perfect match Gabby. Just keep working with your social worker and make sure she understands that you can't loose another baby. There's too much at stake this time."

I nodded and agreed. "I am working with the same social worker that I worked with last time when I tried to foster Louie. She knows about the more intimate details of my situation when it comes to having kids so, I am more comfortable with her. She's also a good resource for help." Antonio smiled and liked that. "And Matt, you're in this with her this time right?" Matt nodded. "Yes Antonio. You don't need to come here and give me that speech again." He laughed and smiled when Matt said that. "Good, because I don't care about COVID when it comes to family." 

Matt then glared at him. "Antonio, you better take that back!" Antonio then took a breath and nodded. "Sorry, need to think about that. Plus, my kids had it." Matt sighed and nodded. "Sorry, just a bit more stressed recently since I've recently learned that my uncle is not being the most careful person when it comes to COVID. Me and my sister are both scared that he'll get it. He and my mom are really close. We are scared it'll break her if she looses her brother."

I then moved to rub Matt's arm and felt bad for him. "Your mom will be fine Matt, I promise." Matt agreed with me and nodded before turning his head to kiss the top of mine. That's when we heard Hermann walk over. "I thought I heard Sylvie's voice." Sylvie then looked at him and smiled. "How are you Hermann?" Hermann smiled at me and Matt. "I'm good. Just working more. Between Molly's and the firehouse, I'm much busier. Also, the kids are busy."

I turned to look up at him and smiled. "Just curious, Lee Henry at Molly's doing deliveries?" Hermann nodded and smiled. "I was actually just going to take a ride with truck to get dinner for the house. Cindy has an order ready. The chef knows what to make for you since you are co-Owners. How about you join me Matt and you can ride in the front like before?" Matt turned to look at me and smiled. "Can I?" I chuckled and smiled. "Go ahead. Go ride in the big truck."

He nodded and smiled, kissing me quickly before getting up. "Bye Antonio, bye little man. Talk later." Matt then looked at me. "I will see you at whatever fire if we got a call." I nodded and smiled. "Hermann, remember that he isn't a fireman anymore!" Hermann nodded and agreed. Matt and Hermann then walked out to go get supper. Once they left, I turned my attention back to the conversation we were having with Sylvie and Antonio.

Antonio laughed a bit. "I swear, sometimes I can't tell if he's just a big kid or if he's an adult." I smiled when he said that. "He's a combination of both in my opinion. But, it's cute. You should see him play with Matteo. Actually, one time we are going to have to video chat while he's playing with Matteo. It's the most adorable thing." Antonio smiled and agreed. "Just curious, you want me to bring him by sometime or is it not safe?" I bit my lip and sighed.

"God, I want to say yes so bad but...I can't. It's not safe and we need to keep him safe. You know how much it will kill me if something bad happens to him." Antonio nodded and agreed. "Then I promise Gabby, he's going to stay safe here until you pick him up tomorrow. Unless you want me to drive him there?" I shook my head and then sighed. "Better if we come there or you meet us at our place. There's going to be too many people here when shift change happens." Antonio agreed and nodded. "You should've seen the district today. It was a ghost town."

I smiled when he said that. "That's good. I don't want you getting it. It's already been in our family enough." Antonio chuckled and agreed when I heard his phone ring. He went to check and smiled. "Guys, I need to take this. It's Eva." I agreed and nodded. "Go ahead Antonio." Antonio smiled and waved. "Bye Gabby." He then got up and walked away to go talk to my niece. I then sighed while looking at Sylvie. "So, how's your pregnancy?" Sylvie smiled at me as we started to talk about her pregnancy to pass the time.