Chapter 1047

Trudy's POV: As I saw Jay & Erin walk into the precinct, I decided to make a funny joke using his previous nickname that I gave him. That nickname was Chuckles. Now that the two of them are married, they are Mr. & Mrs. Chuckles in my books and they were going to know that. "Well, if it isn't Mr. & Mrs. Detective Chuckles." Erin groaned when I said that. "I am not giving in to your jokes today Sgt. Platt." I looked at her and was confused. "What's her problem Halstead?" Jay then turned to look at Erin and rubbed her back. "Head upstairs, I am going to talk to Platt."

Erin nodded and then walked away from him to head upstairs. Turning to look at me, Jay sighed. "What's up with you two Halstead?" Jay then looked at me. "A lot of stress. We are taking over for Hank while he's recovering. However, I know that Erin is really scared. He's high risk for COVID and really can't handle another death in the family." I was shocked when she said that. "Oh Jay, I am so sorry if you lost someone." Jay just shook his head and sighed. "Erin's mom."

I then understood why she isn't in a bad mood. Between the pregnancy, worrying about COVID and now having to take over the unit...she's probably worried like crazy and doesn't want to screw this up. "She's treating this as an audition. Voight is promising to name her his successor when he retires so, she's worried about letting him down. Also, she's scared to let our superiors...the ones in the Ivory tower down. Then, they may veto her appointment as the next head of the Intelligence Unit. She has dreams of how she wants to run it and wants to implement it."

I understood and nodded. "Just make sure she relaxes. She's pregnant after all." Jay sighed and looked at me. "Platt, I get you are trying to help but...I already have one sergeant on my ass about that. I also have my brother and sister-in-law on me to make sure she's safe and protected. So please, can I not have you on my case too? Maybe instead you can be the woman I've heard is much more pleasant when she's off duty. At least, that's what I've heard from Matt."

I then glared at him . "You talk to Randy's co-worker, Matthew Casey?" Jay nodded and smiled. "We are good friends. We are in similar situations. Both of our wives came back and surprised us being pregnant. We didn't know about it until we ran into them one day. However, I am just glad that I get to be a part of the pregnancy. Matt wasn't so lucky." I nodded and understood. "I know all about the situation Jay, you didn't need to explain it all." Jay then smiled and nodded.

"Listen, I am going to head upstairs before everybody gets on Erin's case. We need to work a case and get started. Yet, at the same time...I need to be the husband that keeps her calm so it doesn't affect the baby." I laughed when he said that because, knowing Erin...that is going to be a tough job. "Good luck Chuckles." Jay smiled and nodded. "I'm going to need it." I nodded and agreed before smiling at him. "Oh by the way, congrats on the wedding and baby."

Jay smiled when I said that and nodded. "Thanks." I then looked at him. "You know, Trudy is a nice name?" Jay shook his head. "We've already picked a name. Olivia Marie Halstead." I smiled when he said that. "That's a beautiful name. Now, don't make me smile anymore and get to work upstairs! I have a reputation to uphold." Jay chuckled and nodded before going to make his way upstairs to intelligence to get to work.