Chapter 1046

Jay's POV: After ordering breakfast for me and Erin, I smiled as I passed it to her before pulling away from the window. "Thanks again for letting me drive by the way." Erin chuckled and smiled. "I learned my lesson last time we were partners that you weren't going to give up until you got to drive. Also, I am kinda too fat to drive." I then sighed. "You know I hate it when you use that word. You aren't fat Erin. You're pregnant." She nodded and sighed. "Sorry." Pulling away from the restaurant, I then went to check traffic before pulling away to go to work.

Reaching for Erin's hand, I moved to intertwine our fingers as we drove together. "You don't need to apologize, you just need to remember that. Anyways, even if you were fat...I would still want you to be my wife." Erin smiled when I said that. "I'm glad because I would still love for you to be my husband. Now that I've had that gorgeous body in my bed all to myself for the past few months...I don't know if I'm ever going to want to give it away." I laughed and smiled before going to show her my wedding band. "You don't have to because I'm yours."

Erin smiled when I said that before going to rub her stomach. "Oh god, if only you weren't driving right now." I then put my hand up. "We are not having sex in my truck. Sorry but, while that may sound entertaining...I am not letting any other man sit in this truck if we have sex in here. And since I need to carry perps in here sometimes, that is not happening." Erin then went to slap me and smiled. "She's kicking pretty hard right now. I would like your hand there."

I blushed and nodded. "Sorry. I guess my dirty mind is still active from that nice surprise which you gave me this morning while I was in the shower." Erin smiled. "Oh, so you enjoyed that?" I nodded and smiled while grabbed her hand and intertwining our fingers. "I am always going to enjoy the private time we get. I am especially going to enjoy it when little Olivia is born. I am going to take advantage of all the time I can get with you considering it will be rare. That's something we need to promise to each other Erin. We are obviously going to be parents first, but our marriage still needs to come even before work."

Erin nodded and agreed as she rubbed my hand. "I agreed. And we also need to be open with each other. You are my partner for life now. However, I am still taking lead during any missions. That includes today." I then put my hand up and wagged my finger. "Okay, that is not happening. If we have to do missions...you are staying home. That's not optional, it's an order from your Deputy Head of Intelligence for Undercover Operations." Erin sighed and looked at me, upset.

I then stopped at the light and looked at her. "Erin, you're pregnant. That's why you can't. I get you want to run around town with your vest on and shooting guns. But, you can't. With you pregnant with Olivia, I am not taking chances. We literally went over this this morning. I don't want to have to make the choice to save you by risking myself." Erin didn't like the sound of that as I pulled up to the district. "Excuse me?" I was about to get out when Erin stopped me. "You mean to tell me that you are not going to shield me if I am shot?"

I then turned to look at her as I shut off the truck. "Hey, that's not what I said. I said I don't want to have to make the choice. That involves you not being involved in any undercover operations. I am the Deputy Head of Intelligence for Undercover Operations. I get to choose who I involve in them and I am sorry but, while you may be the best for any task...you are benched because you are pregnant." Erin looked at me. "That's sexism Jay!"

I looked at her. "No, it's protecting my wife's pregnancy! Erin, I'm sorry but...I don't want to risk Olivia. Babe, you've lost too much this year. You lost your mom. You've lost friends in New York. And don't lie that none of them have died. I know that you lost a few because I saw the invites for funerals and I heard you go to some of the virtual ones. Erin, be honest with yourself. You would be devastated if you lost this pregnancy."

Erin sighed and nodded. "You're right. But more because I would probably loose you." I shook my head. "Erin, baby or not baby...I am not going anywhere. I am your husband. That is something that isn't going to change. I promise." Erin nodded and then teared up a bit. I then decided to get out of the truck and closed my door. I then went to run around to hold her in my arms. Opening the door, I put my hand out for her to grab. "Hey, come here and look at me." Erin then got out of the truck and stepped close to me, putting her hands on my chest.

Putting my hands on her arms, I then moved to rub them as I kissed her. "Erin, you are my wife. I took vows to love you for the rest of my life. But, I also took a vow to protect you above all else. You are my entire world Erin and I am not loosing you again. So please don't ever think that's what I mean when I say I don't want to loose you. In this time, I mean to COVID Erin. I love you so much and I already love Olivia so much that if I lost either of you, I would be devastated." Erin nodded and understood before going to hug me. I then moved to kiss her head and nodded.

"Listen, let's go inside and get the documents we need." Erin then nodded and closed her door before grabbing my hand. Intertwining our fingers, I turned around and went to walk in with her when I saw Desk Sergeant Trudy Platt walk up to the door. "Well, if it isn't Mr. and Mrs. Detective Chuckles."