Chapter 1036

Meanwhile, with Jay & Erin
Jay's POV: As I walk into the house after a long shift today, I walk in to see that the house is quite dark. "Erin, you home?" I get got worried as I went to take off my gun, putting it in the safe before putting my jacket on the hooks. I then went to walk in to see Erin in the kitchen making us some supper while wearing a tight dress which showed off her baby bump quite well. "Now, this is a nice surprise." Erin smiled when she turned around and looked at me. "You like?"

I nodded and smiled as I walked over to her. Moving my hands to her stomach, I got close to her and went to kiss her softly. "I love." I then kissed her again and smiled. "What's all this about?" I then moved my arms around her more before kissing her forehead. Erin then sighed and looked up at me. "An apology for you having to run into me at the hospital today. I know you are probably really mad, but just didn't yell at me because we were in front of Hank." I sighed when she said that before moving to grab a drink from the fridge.

Taking out a bottle of water, I took a quick drink before looking at Erin. "It's not that I'm mad Erin, it's that I'm worried. You're pregnant and I can't loose you. Neither can Hank." Erin was confused when I said Hank. "Okay, I am confused when you say that?" I sighed and walked over to her again, setting my bottle of water down next to the stove. "Erin, forget what it would do to me when I say this okay. What do you think it will do to Hank if you got this and died? You are all he has left when it comes to family Erin. Sure, he has me but...it's not the same."

Erin then wrapped her arms around me and hugged me while laying her head down on my chest. She then got quiet and understood what I meant. "Erin, I am sorry to put it so bluntly but...that's why I am so worried that you went. Yes, you want to help Hank but...you are also possibly setting yourself up to hurting him if something went wrong. That's why I'm being so careful when it comes to this..." Erin looked at me and just let me talk.

"I am also being careful because I know that, if I screwed up and you got this...I wouldn't be the only one suffering when it came to loosing someone I love. Sure, would I be depressed that I lost both you and our daughter to COVID? Of course, that's a guarantee. But, the one person I am certain will take it just as hard if not harder is Hank. He already lost his entire family. He can't loose you Erin." Erin nodded and agreed before rubbing my back. I then kissed her forehead and sighed. "I'm just sorry for yelling at you at the hospital."

Erin smiled and leaned back. "No Jay, you were right to do that. Now that you've explained it to me like this, I get why you're scared and it makes so much more sense now. I guess, I just wanted to see him and be there for him like I know he would be for me." I smiled and agreed when she said that. "Well, you can be there for him from afar okay? I'll be home more. We are going to work from home from now on. Maybe I can talk to my brother and he can help us."

Erin nodded and liked that idea. She then leaned up and went to kiss me softly. "Listen, you are all sweaty. You have a mission today?" I nodded. "Yes, bank heist. Used my job for the first time today. Want to hear about it?" Erin smiled and nodded. "Go take a shower and come back in your sweats." I then shook my head. "Not yet. We can take a shower together when we've eaten. However, I am going to go sit on the couch unless you want me to take over cooking?"

Erin smiled. "Do you mind? I mean, if you're tired..." I then grabbed her neck and went to kiss her softly. "Go sit down and rest. You after all are pregnant and need to rest. I got it Erin." Erin smiled and nodded as she walked away to go sit down on the couch. Meanwhile, I walked up to the stove to see she was making some chicken. "Fajitas tonight?" Erin nodded and agreed as she went to sit on the couch, ready to have an easy night with my arms around her tonight.